Government Relations Executive
Follow the required procedures, within the defined timelines, to ensure that students are registered / transferred according to Educational Authorities requirements; and follow up the teaching licenses, appointment letters, school academic licenses & all related issues.
- Always have updated information about Educational License requirements and procedures.
- Arrange and collate documents for Educational License.
- Apply for School Educational License well in advance with the specific Educational Authority.
- Should always have updated information about student registration procedures and required documents.
- Plan and organise student registrations, coordinate with parents regarding required documents.
- Should be able to register all the school students with the Education Authorities within agreed timelines.
- Ensure the submission of the end of year results, students’ promotion & transfer within an agreed time frame.
- Update School HR and Principal regarding the documents required and process to achieve ‘Teacher Approvals’ from Education Authorities.
- Plan new teacher approvals well ahead of time so, that all the documentation is submitted the authorities for the approval.
- Once the Teaching License is approved, forward the same to GRC immediately to process visa/ labour card.
- Keep up to date within Ministry/ Authority regulations and procedures and update the MSO/ Principal/ Manager GR about changes in policy and compliance if any.
- Establish effective communication and develop relations with Education Authorities, Government ministries and offices.
- Apply for student school trips/ annual diary etc. with authorities to obtain approvals well in advance (Agreed timelines).
- Translate promptly all rules, regulations and circulars in English for the school management.
- Maintain and update records regulating & maintaining trackers to show progress.
- Prepare letters for Government authorities as and when required.
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- In association with ICT support, compile and generate Ministry required student records (manual or online records).
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by direct and dotted reporting line managers/ supervisors.
Job Specific Requirements
- Bilingual (Arabic and English), an effective communicator at different levels, both oral and in writing.
- Strong Microsoft office knowledge (can work independently on creating reports and presentations)
- Vast knowledge and experience in dealing with different government offices especially the Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK)
- Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers
- Assist the admission team when needed with enquiries and enrollments, manage and update the school’s student information and admissions database
- Work as part of the administrative team sharing the workload of other members of the team during busy periods