You will engineer software across all phases of the software development life-cycle: partnering with risk professionals to design new features, building those features, creating and running tests, receiving feedback, and delivering enhancements. You will have the opportunity to work at all levels of the tech stack.
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies and comfortable with self-directed learning
- Partner with risk specialists in engineering solutions covering the gamut of liquidity, counterparty and market risk
- Partner with business to create new tools and workflows that will maximize the commercial impact to the division
- Work with stakeholders to rapidly iterate on initial designs and refine the product
- Partner with other teams to integrate the platform into existing workflows and tools as they mature
- Own projects end to end leading with the right design and development principles
- Work in a passionate team with a strong emphasis on creating customer centric solutions.
- Develop new features from the ground up, by aligning with firms principles and needs, complementing with your own creativity to the mix
- Relational database experience (e.g. Sybase, UDB) and/or ORM frameworks
- Strong team player, required to work extensively with other teams locally and globally
- Ability to stay commercially focused and to always push for quantifiable commercial impact
- Strong work ethic, with a sense of ownership and urgency
- Strong data structures, algorithms and design patterns knowledge
- Excellent communications skills(written & oral) and the ability to work with subject matter experts
Qualification & Experience:
- 3-5 years of hands on development experience(Java/Full stack) with exposure to the full software development lifecycle
- Stong in JAVA/one of the object oriented programming languages.
Company: Goldman Sachs
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Engineering Information Technology
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A