Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
The scope of work of GIS technical advisor cover all the activities / actions required to enable switching systems to be successfully installed, repaired and any faults eliminated
The Technical advisor is responsible for leading and monitoring installation of high voltage systems worldwide for PTHS. He/she represents Hitachi Energy in general through his presence and technical knowledge and PTHS specifically in dealings with the client at the installation site. The deadlines issued for each project are adhered to, whereby the cost-performance ratio must always be borne in mind in this respect. He/she embodies the Hitachi Energy QA philosophy, taking into account the special conditions on the construction sites.
- 1.The GIS-Technical Advisor is responsible for leading and monitoring the installation work entrusted to his team being carried out in perfect technical order,carries out installation and maintenance work as team lead.
- 2.You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the installation requirements and Instructions & ensures that the necessary accident prevention measures are observed; specifically, you abides by the guidelines for work on live system components.
- Shall be responsible to red-mark drawings/documents with any changes or modification that became necessary during the installation.
- 3.Advice the sub-suppliers installation superintendent in planning and coordination of the work force necessary to comply with the schedule.
- 4.Cooperation with Hitachi Energy Project Manager on establishing status of completed and non-completed work.
- 5.Inspection of arriving material for completeness and possible damage and coordination of material handling in cooperation with sub-suppliers Material Control within sub-suppliers procedures.
- 6.Issue of non-conformance reports for damage or missing equipment within Hitachi Energy scope of supply in cooperation with Project Managers.
- 7.Supervise final installation tests and installation completion documentation.
- 8.Supervise and monitor the loop check activities.& lead at site meetings as requested by the Hitachi Energy-CH Project Manager.
- 9.Responsible for the competence execution of his tasks.
- 10.Employee shall also carry out any tasks that are assigned by management necessary to fulfil the job requirements.
- Electrical Engineering Degree.
- 8 – 10 Years of previous service experience working with GIS preferred.
- Previous experience with SF6 GAS-Handling
- Hitachi Energy-CH GIS Product knowledge preferred.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid.
To apply for this job please visit sa.indeed.com.