Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team in Circleville, Ohio. The ideal candidate will need to have the flexibility to work any shift and will be self-driven individuals with a passion for excellence in Safety, Manufacturing, and Customer Focus. The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction to ensure the production team is meeting the objectives in safety, reliability, quality, cost, and customer service.
- Fostering and developing culture based on our Market Based Management (MBM®) Philosophy
- Responsibility for coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem solving, and technical and interpersonal communication skills.
- Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership and accountability to proactively identify hazards and implement the appropriate mitigating strategies; investigate incidents and participate in resolution of causes
- Strictly adhere to plant safety and housekeeping efforts.
- Ensure best practices are being followed for minimization of waste at machine centers.
- Provide leadership on the operating floor and striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality.
- Address key issues and concerns and interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality, on-time production.
- Ensure quality expectations are followed and met on a daily basis.
- Exemplify and advance Market Based Management (MBM®).
- Plan, assign and direct work for all hourly production employees; appraise performance and provide feedback as needed; assist in resolving complaints; hold employees accountable as needed; communicate issues and results on a daily basis.
- Identify repairs needed at machine centers and create work requests for completion; follow up as required.
- Track continuous improvement opportunities where performance issues are apparent and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure.
- A technical degree or equivalent training OR a Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, business, or engineering
- One or more years of supervisor experience in a corrugated facility
- Five (5) or more years of experience working in a supervisory role
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite such as Excel (create/modify spreadsheets), Word (create/modify documents), and PowerPoint (prepare/present presentations)
- Experience supervising employees in a union environment
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience working in a manufacturing, industrial or military environment OR 5 years experience working in a corrugated operation
Company: Georgia Pacific
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cleveland, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A