The Clinical Scientist/Genome Analyst should demonstrate knowledge and skill related to Genetics and Computational Biology and shall be supervised by clinical Geneticist. He/she is required to work alongside the Clinical Bioinformatician. This position requires to maintain and analyse multiple large genomic databases related to clinical genome analysis to analyse and help in tertiary analysis using sequencing data. The individual should be well organized, efficient, attentive to detail, responsible, and able to multi-task.
Group 42 is an Abu Dhabi based artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud computing company, uniquely positioned in the national ecosystem to develop and deploy holistic and scalable AI solutions. G42 Healthcare is committed to developing a world-class, sustainable healthcare sector in the UAE and wider region.
At the forefront in the battle against the pandemic, G42 Healthcare partnered with Abu Dhabi authorities to develop a massive throughput laboratory in 14 days and spearheaded the world’s first Phase 3 clinical trial of COVID-19 inactivated vaccine. Beyond Covid-19, G42 Healthcare is also developing a program of activities to support the health of future generations – ranging from genomics, imaging and diagnostics to digitization programs, manufacturing and cutting-edge research.
- Tertiary Analysis using online tools and clinical databases.
- Clinical annotation and interpretation of human genome data using tertiary reporting software.
- Data curation and knowledge extraction for clinically relevant variants to finalize variants on a case-by-case basis
- CAP-PT result analysis for NGS-based proficient tests.
- Creating innovative solutions for commercial testing services.
- Development of gene panels for Clinical Diagnostics and Consumer Genetics Tests.
- Teamwork with Bioinformatics team for quality check of tertiary variants
- Training team on knowledge of clinical genomics testing and application-based scenario.
- Suggesting innovative approaches and encouraging discussion of ideas for development of clinical genomics services.
- Timely delivery of results and ability to adhere to TAT deadlines.
- Performing other tasks within the proposed job description and beyond
- IRB applications for clinical research projects
- Reading of pertinent literature related to the specialty to maintain current knowledge in this dynamic, rapidly evolving, field.
To qualify, you must haveMSc in Genetic Counselling preferred and BSc in medical sciences, psychology, or healthcare related field.Minimum of 2 years of experience as a practicing Clinical Scientist/Genome Analyst in an NGS LaboratoryExperience in automated workstation system.PreferredPrevious experience as a Genetic Counsellor preferredEnglish (fluent).Arabic (mandatory)With good communication & interpersonal skills.Experience in Internationally accredited laboratory is preferred.Job experience within the UAE is preferred.What we look for:If you are a performance-driven, inquisitive mind with the agility to adapt to ambiguity, you will fit right in. You should be eager to explore opportunities to build meaningful collaborations with stakeholders and aspire to create unique customer-centric solutions. Bias for action and a passion to conquer new frontiers in the AI space is at the heart of the G42 community.What working at G42 offers:Culture: An open, diverse and inclusive environment with a global vision that encourages personal growth and focuses on ground-breaking, industry-first innovations. Career: Outstanding learning, development & growth opportunities via structured training programs and innovative, high-tech projects. Work-Life: A hybrid work policy to strike the perfect balance between office and home. Rewards: A competitive remuneration package with a host of perks including healthcare, education support, leave benefits and more.About G42G42 is a global leader in creating visionary artificial intelligence for a better tomorrow. Born in Abu Dhabi and operating across the world, G42 champions AI as a powerful force for good. Its people are constantly reimagining what technology can do, applying advanced thinking and innovation to accelerate progress and tackle society’s most pressing problems.G42 is driving change in the region and beyond, joining forces with nations, corporations and individuals to create the infrastructure for tomorrow’s world. From molecular medicine to space travel and everything in between, G42 realizes exponential possibilities, today.
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.