Qatar Petroleum (QP) is a state-owned public corporation established byEmiri Decree No. 10 in 1974. It is responsible for
all phases of the oiland gas industry in the State of Qatar.The principal activities of QP, its subsidiaries and joint ventures
arethe exploration, production, local and international sale of crude oil,natural gas and gas liquids, refined products,
synthetic fuels,petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas(LNG), steel and aluminium.QP’s strategy of
conducting hydrocarbon exploration and development isthrough Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA)
andDevelopment and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA) concluded withmajor international oil and gas
companies.The operations and activities of QP and its affiliates are conducted atvarious onshore locations, including Doha,
Dukhan and the Mesaieed andRas Laffan Industrial Cities, as well as offshore areas, including HalulIsland, offshore
production stations, drilling platforms and the NorthField.Thriving on a spirit of enterprise, each of our joint ventures
isunderpinned by transparency, innovation and high standards of qualityand service. At Qatar Petroleum, we are committed
to one thing aboveall: Excellence.
ASSET INTEGRITY & RELIABILITY
Primary purpose of job
Conducting as required N.D.T. surveys (Visual, Ultrasonic, Magnetic Particle Inspection, Penetrant Inspection,) on pressure
vessels, heat exchangers, tanks, columns, associated static equipment and piping systems at offshore locations. Carrying
out testing of equipment and subsequent reporting to allow assessment of assets current condition as directed by
To assist the inspectors while conducting plant inspections during scheduled inspection programmes and during plant
shutdown periods. Actively assist in training and development of Qatari staff, in inspection and NDT techniques.
Experience & Skills
- 5 Years’ experience as an N.D.T. Technician in the oil industry, since gaining formal qualification.
- Experience in plant inspection and piping corrosion surveys in an offshore environment.
- Capable of producing clear and concise technical reports, mechanical drawings, and piping isometrics.
- Computer literate with good communication skills
- Diploma or equivalent in engineering discipline.
- C.SWIP 3.2.2
- Certification in API 653
- Valid N.D.T. Inspection qualifications in: –
- Ultrasonics – PCN/CSWIP Level II
- Penetrant and Magnetic Particle – PCN/CSWIP Level II
- Radiographic Interpretation (Welds) – PCN/CSWIP Level II
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.