GP is seeking an experienced hands on Solution Architect to lead the development, implementation and on-going governance of our future Enterprise Data Lake and data analytics architecture and related platforms. This role will be a member of the GP Enterprise Data and Advanced Analytics team that provides enablement for advanced analytics throughout GP by efficient ingest, storage and consum0ption of data both manufacturing and commercial as well enables data science model management, deployment and monitoring for various customer groups.
- Leverage public cloud and open standards technologies in architecting future data and analytics platforms
- Collaborate with technology and business resources to understand the company’s data environment, analytics business opportunities and overall analytics processing requirements.
- Provide guidance to data scientists in efficient model creation, deployment and management. Participate in projects across the business and IT team in platform evaluations as well software selection process.
- Work with Data science and data engineering teams to experiment and prove out new technologies enabling new capabilities.
- Implement real time streaming, batch and near real time data movement design patterns, lead a team of engineers in best practices in ELT and data storage.
- Develop and implement a future-state data analytics architecture and platform standards-roadmaps for both the back-end data processing and the front-end data visualization/statistical components.
- Provide technical leadership for data analytics architecture and platform decisions for the enterprise data and analytics team.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture team to implement new data and analytics platforms especially those utilizing AWS technologies such as EMR, Redshift, Kinesis and associated technologies.
- Experience using open source technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MapReduce, etc.
- Experience with data visualization and statistical tools like Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, SAS, R.
- Amazon AWS stack experience using AWS Serverless services, EMR, Kinesis, Athena, Redshift, Redis 2021 , etc.
- Experience with sensor/streaming type data (IoT) within an automated manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years of experience planning, building or running enterprise-scale data analytics solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of time series of databases.
- Master’s Degree
- Experience using cloud platforms like AWS to build analytics solutions.
Company: Georgia Pacific
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A