Interco is a global recycling company headquartered on the Illinois-side of St. Louis in Madison. The company has been an industry leader providing metals, computers and electronics recycling services with a focused track record of innovation and integrity in since 1996.
The 400,000+ sqft. Interco Metaltronics recycling facility is comprised of five buildings on more than 40 acres centrally located on the Illinois-side of St. Louis in the shadows of the Gateway Arch. The facility boasts a 145,000 sqft. processing plant dedicated to the processing of computers, electronics, and batteries with the remainder of the indoor facility used for the processing of nonferrous industrial metals.
The company specializes in the placement of smelter-ready materials catering to commercial, industrial, dealer, and government organizations nationwide. Interco ships nonferrous and electronics scrap worldwide utilizing established partnerships with end consumers in the United States, Europe, South America and Asia.
The Interco team — consisting of commercial, logistics, administrative, and operations departments — delivers innovative solutions, competitive pricing, and quality service throughout the supply chain.
Interco has an opening for a new hybrid position: the Freight Forwarder | Freight Broker | Logistics Scheduler & Coordinator
This position serves as the liaison between customers, suppliers, shipping facilities, and transport companies to ensure efficient deliveries. The right candidate will have experience in the logistics business preferably as a logistics coordinator, transportation broker, or warehouse or 3PL scheduler.
Experience working with freight and trucking companies is mandatory. The ability to negotiate the best rates is critical to this position. Candidates without direct recent experience in this capacity need not apply.
The position requires someone who is very detail-oriented with exceptional time-management and organizational skills. This person communicates well on the telephone, via email, and in person with fellow staff members. The right candidate will take great pride providing excellent service to both the customers and suppliers of Interco.
- Coordinate ground transportation by truck — van trailer, flatbed, dump trailer
- Negotiate freight rates and ensure pickup and delivery times are met
- Prepare bills of lading and dangerous goods documents
- Work with customers and suppliers to ensure timely transportation
- Maintain document integrity and schedules.
- Communicate with suppliers and customers to arrange pickups and deliveries.
- Review invoices for loads scheduled and compare with rate promised to ensure accuracy on both ends
- Manage domestic loads from cradle to grave
- Industry experience required
- Prior freight logistics and brokerage experience required.
- Must enjoy working in a high-paced atmosphere and manage deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong capacity to work independently and within a group/team environment
- Must put the company’s needs first and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot situations as they arise.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
- Experience working with ERP and/or CRM preferred
- Excellent mathematical and negotiation skills.
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
As a matter of company policy, we do not sponsor employment visas or hire from out of the USA nor do we sponsor candidates who do not currently reside within the USA without an existing H-1B visa.
The company is experiencing significant market position growth due to a number or factors that suggest steady acceleration for years to come. This is an excellent opportunity for the selected candidate to work for an established company with an excellent track record and terrific benefits.
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, Vision
- 100% Company-paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Company paid $25K life insurance policy
- Accelerated paid Vacation time
- Paid vacation Christmas Eve through – New Year’s Day for all employees
- 401(k) with generous company match after one year
- Salary plus annual performance review and bonus
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that will be required. Interco Trading Company reserves the right to modify this job description at any time; including assigning or reassigning job duties or eliminating this position at any time.
Candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.