Fortnum and Mason
Fortnum & Mason are looking for a Fresh & Deli Buyer to join the Fortnum’s Family on a 12 month FTC! The Fresh & Deli Buyer is accountable for the overall development and delivery of all our Fresh offer, achieving the greatest quality across all channels and management of the buying for their relevant department/category. The role is key to the delivery of the department/category sales and profit forecast. The candidate will demonstrate strong product development and sourcing expertise, industry knowledge, with an ability to identify and create market/product trends and realising new opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have an appreciation of fine food, with an excellent palate and knowledge of the Fresh Food, alongside an understanding of what is important in food development and selection. They should have a network within the supply base and be respected in their area of expertise.
- Source new brands and products in line with Fortnum’s strategy and commitment to quality
- Collaborates with the chefs to develop food offer, building strong relationships
- Define and agree pricing strategies with multiple suppliers.
- Drive sales, profit and growth, through analysis of sales and stock performance (supported by merchandising)
- Ensure all suppliers meet the Fortnum & Mason compliance standards
- Accountable for the delivery of the business’ strategic vision across all channels
- Input to sales and stock planning and forecasting cycle
- Demonstrate an understanding of the customer profile and be able to anticipate customer needs and expectations in a multichannel environment
- Ability to input into negotiation of complex business terms and agreements with suppliers and other third party service providers.
- Undertakes the delivery of seasonal product calendars to capitalise on key events / holidays throughout year
- Delivery of new product development in line with the Fortnum own label strategy
- Delivers the Fresh Food buying strategy for their product group working closely with the Merchandising team and other stakeholders
- Demonstrate an authentic and passionate understanding of Food groups, products and the competition within the market
- Ideally be aware of how to create an impact in store.
- Ability to work under pressure, be able to prioritise and manage own and direct team’s workload to meet deadlines and manage expectations.
- They should have an ability to manage time and workload with often-competing priorities and varying demands of the business.
- Ideally the candidate will come from a luxury multichannel Food Retailer but this is not essential
- Be able to influence and manage multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptionally high level of verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and manage range planning across a multichannel business
- Ability to influence and negotiate, effectively, with all team members at all levels including Senior Management & Board Members
- Ability to effectively relationship manage the supplier base
Company: Fortnum and Mason
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Southampton, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A