Analyze, assess, and monitor food safety, quality and Halal risks and incidents by leading investigations and audits to enforce control programs and procedures compliant with external regulations, industry standards, and to reduce risk exposure.
1. Undertake on-site food safety, quality and Halal audits of airline catering suppliers across Etihad Airways network as well as local and overseas suppliers of EAS Catering in order to assess compliance of suppliers to inform decisions made by EAS Catering Management as to the continued supply of products to the company.
2. Contribute in research, development, implementation, and maintenance of auditing programmes, standards, schedules, KPIs, and report structure to ensure compliance with internal and external regulations.
3. Responsible for all audit planning, communication, logistics (including obtaining foreign visas, ensuring continued international travel document validity, booking flights/transportation, etc.), and travelling to audit locations individually in order to meet audit obligations as per audit schedules. Frequently required to travel abroad, occasionally without prior notification.
4. To undertake internal auditing of all operational areas of EAS Catering, food services lounges and restaurants, checking compliance with the food safety management system.
5. Responsible for operational hygiene control in the absence of the EASC Compliance Management, including preparation for and supervision of airline or customer audits.
6. Briefs and updates the Manager Network and Supplier audits on a daily basis on all matters related to network compliance matters. This shall include tracking and reporting on network compliance and discussing non-conformance and where necessary, undertaking corrective actions to avoid non-conformance and address potential risks.
7. Required to conduct Etihad Airways inventory audits which involves the handling of various foods, beverages, and equipment including alcoholic beverages and auditing of facilities that handle pork.
Education & Experience
Minimum of a BSc degree in Environmental Health, Food Science, Food Safety (or equivalent science). Should also hold advanced level certification in catering food safety management from a recognized certification body. Food Safety and Halal auditor certifications and membership to a relevant professional body are preferred.
At least 3 years of food safety auditing experience within a relevant field or governmental regulatory position.
Analytical Skills – Advanced Business Understanding Skills – Proficient Communication Skills (English) – Advanced Food Safety – Excellent UAE driving license – required.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world’s leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad’s codeshare partners, Etihad’s network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world’s leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
To learn more, visit
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.