This role is for IKIGAI an upcoming Japanese restaurant and bar located at the Millennium Place West Bay, Dubai Marina, Dubai.
The role of a Runner is essential in creating unforgettable dining experience for the guests of IKIGAI. The main responsibilities include providing Head Waiter (-ess) and the Service Team with prompt and attentive food delivery and clearance while effectively communicating with the colleagues.
- Welcome and greet guests. Make all the guests feel comfortable, provide personalised and upbeat service.
- Adjust the setup on the table advised by the Head Waiter (-ess).
- Remove used tableware between courses and provide tableware for the next course.
- Clear tables after guests. Take tableware to the stewarding area and place cutlery, dishes, glassware, etc. in appropriate areas for washing.
- Bring all the food and drinks orders to the table and serve it according to the relevant SOP.
- Thank guests as they are leaving and invite them to come back.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the Management Team.
- Know all ingredients, cooking methods and portions sizes for all menu items (food and beverage).
- Be always well groomed and ready for work.
- Perform weekly / monthly inventory counts for cutlery / crockery / glassware / equipment.
- Be responsible for the assigned cash bank / petty cash and sales money
Desired Skill & Expertise:
- Proven working experience as a Food Runner of a minimum of 1 year
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills