Al Futtaim Group
Food Procurement (Buyer) | UAE National| M&S | Dubai
Overview of the role
The role of the food buyer is to purchase external brands / local sourcing products (Ambient, Frozen, Grocery & Chilled, non-food) to be sold in the stores and used as materials for cafes across MENA region.
The job holder is responsible for the following:
- Sourcing and developing new brands and categories.
- Launching new projects commercially.
- Planning/achieving agreed net margins, wastage & markdown as per food strategy
- Tracking and reporting key functional metrics to maximized profits, grow market share and sales, and create joined business plans for growth with regional suppliers in line with the food strategy and with M&S Plan A sustainability plan.
- Liaising with UK, planning, ordering and forecasting M&S product for all markets in MENA and manage stocks to ensure full availability across all MENA stores. (M&S nonfood, Café ingredients)
- On-boarding suppliers and sourcing strategies.
- Signing commercial agreements with suppliers and implementing in store activities related to local suppliers
- Category management and store layout.
What you will do
- Planning, forecasting, and ordering for all the relevant product categories.
- Build and develop relationships with new regional suppliers for various branded categories.
- Build, manage and develop joined business plans and commercial agreements with suppliers negotiating beneficial terms for the company, optimal cost prices, BDI’s etc.
- Maintaining and storing supplier database, contract records, product specification sheets and related documentation.
- Ensuring all the sourced products meet the required quality standards and specifications as per M&S and/or country requirements
- To research market trends, market prices and continued competitor analysis reviews to identify potential price reviews opportunities with suppliers.
- Creates an annual category plan in terms of promotions, events and new product range to grow sales, profitability, and increase market share in a customer-focused manner.
- Plan and leads yearly product category reviews and benchmark.
- Support the delivery of shared targets across the wider team
- Successfully source and manage supplier relationships to deliver performance in line with the food strategy.
- Build and send category tender out to current and new supplier identify any potential cost savings.
- Liaise with Logistics and the compliance team to ensure product is registered and RTM stablished before ordering.
- Work cross-functionally and communicate weekly with Operations, Marketing, M&S UK team, Stores and Supply Chain.
- Continuously searching for opportunities to maximize sales and cash margin.
- Plan and implement long-term development strategies for product categories Handling recipe and menu management system for M&S Cafes within MENA region
- Working closely with Digital team to build/update the online platform catalogue and maintain stock availability
- Supervising Food Category Assistants Duties Liaise with the UK team to monitor the incoming shipments to avoid unexpected delays and take immediate action in case of any impact on the stock availability
- Coordinating with Marketing, Food operation team and stores team for launching new ranges/events
- Working closely with Logistics team to improve supply chain, reduce delivery lead time to save cost and improve stock availability especially in non- UAE markets
- Build good Relationships with colleagues within M&S MENA
- Build good relationships with UK M&S team, AFG Operations Team, VM Team, Marketing Team, Digital and Store Team
- Provides regular feedback to team members and recognizes individuals who perform well in their role
- Communicates effectively and engages team through regular updates and team briefs
- Manages, develops, and defines objectives and KPI’s for his/hers Category Assistant.
- Builds a strong training, recruitment, succession and engagement plan for the Hospitality team- Operation Napkin revised.
- Understands Employee Engagement Survey scores and makes commitments to drive improvements across the team/department/store
- Recognizes individuals and team to celebrate success
- Takes an active role in ensuring all new and existing employees develop the skills and experience to perform well in their roles
- Implements company HR policies fairly and consistently
Required skills to be successful Able to analyze financial, market and customer data to identify opportunities.Able to spot issues and effectively plan to mitigate riskExcellent interpersonal and leadership skillsComputer literacy, knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & SAPContract negotiation skillsOutgoing, positive, willing to take challenges and work under pressureA results-driven personality who values teamwork as an integral part of getting great results What equips you for the role 5 Years of experience in Food Buying in FMCG companies.Food technical and supply chain experience would be ideal.
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.