- Lead the strategy and execution of labor engineering, labor standards development and application and the continuous improvement of retail processes in order to support the continued evolution of the Food Lion Banner strategy. Manage efforts to achieve retail controllable expense goals. Drive organizational change by providing financial guidance, analysis, and strategic direction with regards to retail controllable expenses.
- Continuously look for efficiencies to optimize labor at retail.
- Support the continued evolution of Standard Practices
- Ensure that all business users are educated on how to fully utilize the benefits of the labor planning and other tools used to manage productivity and payroll expense.
- Responsible for creating systems and processes that allow for standardization and integration to support executional excellence
- Act as organizational consultant on corporate initiatives and strategies
- Continuous evaluation of all labor management tools including scheduling systems, reporting tools, automation, cost optimization and retail productivity.
- Ensure that effective and highly credible labor planning systems are in place and continually evaluate system efficiencies (Expected Live).
- Responsible for labor standards at retail to ensure appropriate levels of service and sufficient time is allotted to deliver execution of standard practices.
- Responsible for supporting retail leaders in the achievement of retail payroll budget.
- Must possess ability to utilize computer keyboard and/or mouse.
- Performs bending and reaching to both ground level and overhead;
- Complex mathematics as it relates to engineering work and calculations
- Professional engineer
- Significant related work experience
- Excellent interpersonal skill.
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Must be able to review plans, on-site layouts, construction progress, etc.;
- Demonstrates good judgment solving problems and making decisions.
- Can travel as required
- Ability to influence people and organization
- Lifts, carries, pushes, and pulls up to 25 pounds;
- Computerized software programs used for engineering applications
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 – 7 Years experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in Operations
- Experience utilizing work measurement system
- Experience utilizing MOST
Company: Food Lion
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A