- Are you someone who learns quick, shows initiative and is results driven? If so, Food Lion is looking for our next leaders like you! The Retail Management Training Program is designed to develop future leaders who understand our core business. The program provides trainees with experiences that enable them to understand our business from the ground up, as well as develop the leadership skills necessary to drive our business. Graduates begin their careers in retail management as an Assistant Manager after this one-year rotational program.
- Support the management and duties of retail store operations to meet financial and sales goals.
- Traveling to different retail locations
- Maintain solid communications with the management team, all associates in the store and throughout the organization to ensure alignment.
- Refining leadership skills under the direction of key leaders in the business
- Ensure conditions involving security, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest levels to protect our customers and associates.
- Build associate and customer relations and promote a strong culture in support of Food Lion Strategy.
- Gaining insight into tactical and strategic initiatives as they apply to your functional role
- Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions
- Must be accredited by the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals or similar accrediting organization as a “Certified Food Safety
- Manager” or will be required to attend company provided training and have the ability to achieve accreditation within the first 90 days of employment. Accreditation must be maintained while employed in a position requiring accreditation
- Ability to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning and packaging materials, and household cleaners
- Good judgment solving problems, making decisions, handling complaints, arbitrating disputes and resolving grievances
- Permanent employment authorization/ US citizenship
- Ability to use hand held computers for orders, mark downs, scan outs, and inventory
- Involvement in extracurricular activities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Desire and ability to lead and manage associates throughout multiple departments
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job
- Minimum GPA 3.0 is required
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Bachelor’s Degree
Company: Food Lion
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Customer Service
Job Location: Wilmington, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A