The SRE is an integral part of Fiserv’s engineering organization and is key to creating and driving a culture of automated solutions that leads to the business’s ability for sustained operations and product delivery. The SRE will be responsible for handling duties around operational stability and performance reliability for one or more critical business functions.
- Design and architect operational solutions for the management of applications and infrastructure, with specifics goals around increasing automation, repeatability, and consistency of operational tasks
- Standardizes monitoring disciplines for end to end application or service monitoring, proactive alerting of business-critical applications
- Review SOP/knowledge articles on a monthly basis for any new feature launch or other significant change that may impact support documentation.
- Define and standardize tool sets and technology used for daily operations support, service delivery, and enablement of application development
- Automate processes and systems configuration/deployment
- Ensure that business applications & platforms are operationally ready for production. This includes ability to read monitoring dashboards and ensuring all SOPs/knowledge articles are accounted for in the event of issues to prevent start of day.
- Participate in on-call duties to triage, solve, and drive automate responses to problems in business-critical services
- Partner with other internal engineering teams for developing plans around risk and vulnerability remediation
- Identifies platform or application bottleneck/defects and works with key stakeholders to drive remediation efforts
- Create and maintain monitoring technologies and processes that improve the visibility to our applications’ performance and meets or exceeds defined business metrics
- Assist with business unit application or infrastructure go-live events
- 4+ years of experience in Information Technology, or related field
- OS knowledge with an emphasis on Windows Server, Redhat, Oracle Linux, AIX
- Experience enhancing and maintaining complex software & web-application environments
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer information systems, computer science, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in supporting and maintaining 24×7 available distributed environments
- Familiar with OS tuning, optimization and system requirements for vertical scaling
- Continued curiosity regarding new technologies and evolving best practices
- Familiar with industry Cloud technologies – PCF, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
- Fundamental REST Services
- Ability to multi-task and context switch in a high performing environment
- 2+ years of experience in maintaining Unix/Windows environments under PCI compliance or similar security requirements
- Experience with one or more of the following Automation/Scripting tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SALT, Python, Powershell.
- Experienced in the latest DevOps skills and methodologies – Create and manage a continuous build, integration, test, and deployment systems
- Proficient in monitoring, alerting, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with designing and supporting solutions focused on high availability, resiliency and scaling
- Basic understanding of networking concepts and protocols
- Experience maintaining Github repositories
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A