First Republic Bank
As an Investment Specialist, ideal candidates would have a passion for investment management, be willing and able to effectively research, and form opinions on investment strategies across asset classes. A preference for a core or value driven approach to equity analysis is also desirable. A candidate will be analyzing clients’ holdings, assessing risk and presenting recommendations. A candidate will be able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities under pressure while demonstrating sound judgment and ability to reason.
- Participate in internal research projects and special client assignments as needed.
- Prepare targeted presentations that effectively communicate the team’s relevant experience and articulate our added value
- Assist Wealth Manager in completing and presenting proposals, including gathering data and working closely with the research, marketing and compliance teams for a timely delivery
- Ability to understand marketing materials and differentiate between what is appropriate for the client needs
- Construct and rebalance client portfolios. Must be able to propose and implement asset allocation and changes to clients without supervision. Create and implement strategies to reduce the risk associated with concentrated restricted positions
- Responsible for various reporting including weekly (performance, asset allocation), quarterly (Client Statements, Performance, IPS), annual, and ad-hoc requests.
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Prepare ad-hoc market environment and investment research
- Research and reconcile performance returns not in line with benchmarks
- Create plans for minimizing the tax implications associated with low basis equities
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Review portfolio activity and performance reports
- Participate in weekly research calls to understand trends and identify investment opportunities
- Research and gather business intelligence to identify prospective clients and focus opportunities
- Manage and take ownership of excel-based templates including historical performance tables, comp tables, attribution analysis, and holdings-based analysis
- Follow economic data and developments from markets around the world, understand FRIM’s strategic asset allocation guidelines
- Collaborate with Wealth Managers and the Client Service team on ad-hoc projects.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize information
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of investment principles, strategies, policies, and regulations applicable to the Investment Management industry
- BS/BA degree in Business, Finance or related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills with careful attention to detail
- Effective team management and prioritization capabilities
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Team player willing to help and learn from others
- 3+ years of related experience
- Proven self-starter with the ability to think and work autonomously
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Series 7 and 66 Licenses, Insurance licenses
- Strong presentation skills
- CFA; Progress through or completion of the CFA curriculum
Company: First Republic Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A