First Republic Bank
In Business Banking, we provide comprehensive depository, cash management, and lending services to businesses throughout our communities. While our clients are diverse, we are focused on meeting the needs of professional service firms (doctors, lawyers, accountants, investment managers and consultants of all kinds) as well as those in the following industries: Private Equity, Venture Capital, Technology, Wineries, Aviation and Marine, and Non Profit Organizations. As a Business Banking team member at First Republic, you will work directly with clients to identify their banking needs and financial goals in order to deliver tailored solutions for their businesses as well as their personal banking and wealth management needs.
- Spreading business financial statements and tax returns using Moody’s software
- Lead special projects as needed.
- Spreading personal financial statements and tax returns for individual guarantors, developing borrower and guarantor global cash flow analysis
- Remedying or submitting client requests to the proper departments and following up to ensure timely execution
- Monitoring underperforming loans
- Corresponding with Executive Loan Committee and Credit on waivers, amendments, renewals, reviews and modifications
- Identifying cross-sell opportunities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Detecting early warning signs that could lead to a potential default
- Collecting loan and legal fees
- Reviewing the covenant compliance log to ensure updated financial information and covenant compliance and communicating with clients to receive required reporting information
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities.
- Loan Closing: Work closely with Business Bankers, Commercial Loan Operations, Outside Counsel and the client to document and close loans thoroughly and swiftly. This process includes:
- Evaluating proper loan risk ratings
- Identifying defaults immediately to the Business Banker and Executive Loan Committee
- Underwriting and Analysis: Underwrite high quality credit narratives in support of new and existing loans. This responsibility requires the following skills:
- Analyzing multi-year trends and ratios from financial information
- Be or become proficient in Microsoft Office, Loan Vantage, AFS, and Moody’s.
- Assisting clients with various loan and deposit related inquiries
- Presenting to Executive Loan Committee with the Business Banker for loan approvals.
- Receiving and funding loan advances and payments
- Ordering and reviewing formation documents & UCC searches for clients
- Monitoring existing credit facilities for financial and reporting covenant compliance
- Researching industry trends and risks
- Calling on delinquencies
- Reviewing documentation for consistency and accuracy with credit approvals
- Ordering loan documents, either in-house or using outside counsel
- Ensuring loan terms have been detailed accurately on the Bank’s loan system, post-closing.
- Understanding cash flow from operations, which includes identifying recurring and non-recurring sources of cash flow
- Running credit reports and gathering/analyzing KYC information
- Performing collateral analysis including accounts receivable, inventory, real estate and investments
- Portfolio Management: Create, maintain, and monitor all loan and credit files at the highest quality. This process involves:
Qualification & Experience:
- Proactive problem solver
- Excellent credit skills
- Attention to detail but not rigid
- Team player
- Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values
- Outstanding communication skills
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree; strong credit background, a minimum of 2-4 years of commercial banking and lending experience. Established network of business clients, prospects, and referral sources.
- Ability to think critically and independently
- Embrace feedback and strive for continuous improvement
- Preferred: Knowledgeable in Private Equity or Venture Capital and limited partnership structures.
- Provides extraordinary internal and external service
Company: First Republic Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A