Responsible for handling real estate transactions by establishing new escrow accounts, managing funds, processing documents for closings, and completing settlements in accordance with established policies and procedures. Acts as a neutral liaison between file parties, adheres to company policy, and monitors and mitigates risk to the company.
- Establishes escrow account by depositing funds; maintaining records.
- Closes escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds.
- Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements; clearing titles; assembling, preparing, and reviewing closing documents; disbursing funds.
- Completes closing transaction documents by assembling documents; reviewing papers with parties; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
- Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest.
- Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Orders title reports for issuing title insurance, resolving title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals.
- Determines closing requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
- Complies with regulatory requirements and company policy by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
- Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing and distributing final closing statements and title. Prepares settlement statement by utilizing lender instructions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Detail-oriented and professional; able to handle confidential information
- Good client relations and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to deal with multiple types of roles such as real estate sellers, buyers, agents and brokers
- Experience directly handling escrow transactions as an escrow assistant preferableValid Licensing/Certification as required by applicable state
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the escrow/title industry field
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to write reports and correspondence
- 2-4 years related experience
Company: First American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A