EYA GTH Manila Inc
In today’s ever-changing and interconnected world, organizations working across borders require access to constant, effective, and accurate legal advice to ensure both ethical and business compliance throughout their operations. Our globally recognized EY Law service line does exactly that and more with over 2000 lawyers covering more than 83 jurisdictions, allowing us to deliver exceptional legal advice to our clients and resolve complex business challenges for a better working world.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our EY Law practice based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates as a Financial Services Lawyer at the Manager level.
You can expect to be involved in a multitude of complex matters related to the financial services sector across multiple countries within the MENA Region, helping our clients deal with the evolution of their business and providing them with valuable advice on how to run and sustain their activities with respect to laws, regulations, and market conditions both locally and abroad.
You will also have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning to support your growth as a law professional and extend that same development to others within your team.
Your Key Responsibilities
You will spend your time managing the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding legal projects within the financial services sectors. This will require you to have a working knowledge of the industry both locally and globally and be able to explain and sustain an average business conversation on how the industry operates, its current trends, and legal or regulatory hot topics. In doing so, you will also build and maintain new and existing client relationships both internally and externally.
Finally, you will also help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring of other members of your team while simultaneously adhering to EY’s protocols and policies for client engagements and interactions.
Skills and Attributes for Success
We are looking for someone who will create a distinctive and differentiated law brand with us. This role is best suited for law professionals who have worked in established law firms, and who wish to develop their career with this greenfield opportunity by being part of a growing team looking to create a new and successful legal practice.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- At least 5 years of post-qualification experience as a lawyer from a reputable legal practice environment, including in the MENA Region.
- Excellent knowledge and analytical skills with regards to banking/financial laws and regulations in the UAE and the MENA region, in addition to a reasonable knowledge of mature financial jurisdictions such as the UK, EU, and US.
- Consolidated experience in investment fund formation processes.
- Good working knowledge of the financial services industry, its business trends, industry jargon, and how the various players and public authorities function and operate.
- Respectable knowledge of, and ability to make quick references to, corporate legal principles.
- Clear awareness of the documentary architecture of financial/investment transactions and familiarity with the structure of typical legal deliverables (e.g., executive summary, legal issues memorandum, legal opinion), as well as legal drafting skills.
- Strong client relationship-building capabilities combined with strategic and commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, self-management, negotiation, and project management skills.
- Ability to create, sustain, and potentially lead effective work teams.
Ideally, you also have:
- The ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- An enthusiastic, flexible and positive approach to work and challenges.
- The ability to get up to speed quickly.
- Keenness to continue developing your legal skills and engaging in new areas of work.
- Experience in coaching and developing more junior staff.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.