Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it’s our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere
The Financial Analyst is responsible for analyzing risks and economic trends and guiding the business, to assist in measurement, planning and forecasting of activities and implications on income statement and balance sheet; and to develop, interpret and implement financial and accounting concepts/ techniques for financial planning and control.
Finance activities and coordination
– Work closely with operational sales and marketing managers and develop excellent knowledge of the business units & operating environments
– Support Marketing and Sales Teams in preparing P&L projection for promotions and launches, analysis of financial viability of new openings and marketing budget follow-up.
– Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry and economic conditions for use in making decisions.
– Measure, plan and forecast Marketing activities and implications to income statement and balance sheet.
– Develop Financial Strategic Planning -Review purchase cycle and analyze the Cash Flow on weekly basis to provide corrective actions if necessary.
– Prepare the Monthly Tableau de Bord (TDB), the Budget and the revised Budget TDB from individual company TDBs.
– Prepare analysis and recommendations on monthly financial figures from business units compared to budget and last year and issue reports as required by the management.
– Provide analysis and recommendations on annual and revised budgets, challenge assumption and propose revisions.
– Arrange, observe and control the P&L, balance sheet and Interest rate parity (IRP) and recommend action.
– Assemble spreadsheets and draw charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports.
– Build and manage a comprehensive KPI’s model (Financial & Business) in line with Company’s objectives
– Run a GAP analysis to maintain financial standards as budgeted and process revisions.
– Prepare operating budgets based on previous figures or estimated revenue and expense reports.
– Review actuals against the budget performances and prepare reports explaining budgets deviations.
– Develop and improve processes related to expenditure, appropriate financial methods to better evaluate and measure performance
– Take the data generated by the Accounting Department (input) and transform it into meaningful management information.
– Analyze and follow-up of all management and financial indicators.
– Provide Internal Control, ensure compliance with all Group Policies & Procedures and assist departments in running their businesses.
– Support monthly closing process, preparation of journal entries, compilation of financial statements and analysis of financial activity. -Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the fields of business, finance, and economic theory, to drive continuous improvement of financial reports and to evaluate their impact on the business.
– Project Analysis -Provide analytical support to various treasury or cross-function initiatives and ad hoc projects.
– Participate in new projects by processing simulations for new joint ventures and preparing business plans, study of the cash flow and P&L.
– Prepare and monitor the performance of internal rate of return (IRR) studies for proposed outlets and new products.