Only candidates from a FUND ACCOUNTING background should apply.
Reporting to the Finance Director, this is a broad role managing the financial operations of the fund. You will manage the daily fund investment and operational transactions, you will carry out daily treasury activities and undertake compliance and regulatory filings. You will assist in the annual budgeting and planning exercise, and quarterly cash forecasting. You will support management/shareholder reporting and Investment performance reporting. You will be responsible for developing and documenting key operational financial controls and processes and assist in the implementation of an Investment management system.
- Manage the daily investment and operational transactions of the fund
- Manage fund expenses
- Manage and oversee the daily accounting and bookkeeping of the fund, ensuring accurate and timely month end close process
- Oversee bank reconciliations
- Day to day point of contact with banks and asset managers to ensure a smooth transaction process and cash management
- Effect treasury transactions e.g. fixed deposits, fx, forwards, treasury investments
- Assist in the annual budget process
- Assist in quarterly forecasting process
- Day to day point of contact with external/internal auditors,
- Prepare fund filings
- Prepare management accounts
- Prepare VAT reporting
- Prepare financial statement
- Assist in preparing shareholder, management & board reports for fund and subsidiary companies
- Assist in preparing materials for Investment & KPI reviews
Systems, Operations & Controls
- Develop & Maintain sound financial controls and processes supporting daily financial operations
- Assist in the implementation of Investment management system
- Dynamic, personable individual who is keen to get involved.
- Good time management skills and used to working to tight deadlines
- Prior experience of working in an investment fund with regulatory reporting requirements (e.g. DFIC, ADGM)
- In depth experience and knowledge of ERP system e.g. Oracle or similar system
- Advanced excel skills
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CMA/CPA) with a minimum of 2 – 5 years post qualified experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Big 4 experience,
- Management reporting experience,
- knowledge/application of investment performance metrics,
- Treasury experience
Thank you for your interest. All applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. We aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. (LV)
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.