Job description / Role
Our client is a massive player in the Hospitality/Food & Beverages industry in the UAE. Exclusively through Robert Half, they are now looking for a Finance Manager to join the team, directly reporting into the Group CFO and Board. The successful candidate will be an ambitious individual with solid experience in the industry F&B industry in FINE DINING (NOT from a hotels background)
* To ensure all the Group policies and procedures are implemented properly, communicated to all staff, monitored regularly, adhered too in all instances and rolled out to any new employee.
* Where a policy or procedure is required but not yet developed, to develop such policy in the required format, obtain the necessary approvals and implement.
* To implement financial controls in the businesses which prevent misuse and misappropriation of funds or assets and inefficient cost control.
* Serve as a key member of the senior management team to develop operational and strategic business plans, forecasts and feasibility studies.
* Preparation of reports daily, weekly and monthly which include but are not limited to sales analysis, food and beverages cost reports, monthly management accounts.
* Preparation of annual budgets per business unit with quarterly updated rolling forecasts.
* Preparation and presentation of monthly Business Review Pack.
* Submission of a monthly Financial Manager’s report summarizing the performance of the businesses under your control, which includes a P&L, variance analysis against budget and forecast, balance sheet and cash flow, focus areas for the next month, control weaknesses and corrective actions.
* Management and control of all banking related transactions within the Hospitality Division.
* Daily cash flow monitoring and management which includes the management of payables.
* Monthly balance sheet reconciliations review and authorize.
* Preparation of accounts must be in line with IFRS.
* Overseeing and control of the purchasing department ensuring the right item is purchased at the most competitive price.
* Monitor supplier/customer agreements regarding respective revenue and cost associated with them.
* Use industry experience and initiative to identify areas for cost cutting and/or revenue improvement.
* Ensure all businesses and assets under your control are at all times properly insured through a reputable insurance company, claims are processed timely with appropriate.
* Risk management of assets, currency, credit and liquidity.
* Ensure that all IT systems are being used in accordance with the business requirements and proper segregation of duties is implemented.
* Systems in the Hospitality division currently include, Oasys, FMC, Micros, Sun Financials and Respack.
* Manage and coordinate internal and external audits.
* Strive to build a team culture by working together with the respective business and department heads in support of their strategies to achieve the business plan.
* Oversee the payroll preparation of the Hospitality Division.
* Serve as advisor to key management regarding strategic projects and operational requirements.
* Provide leadership to your finance team members and strive to be industry leading in terms of accuracy, quality, timings, execution and delivery.
* Developing and monitoring KPI’s and KPA’s for the finance staff.
* Foster a performance driven environment with quarterly staff performance reviews, identifying training needs and mentoring/coaching staff.
* Be familiar with the labor law and HR practices in the business and industry.