Job description / Role
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for administering all aspects of the accounting function, including financial reporting, month end close and management of the team.
You will work closely with other senior staff within the finance department, reporting into the Regional Finance Director.
My client is a European multinational.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for;
* Accurate and timely delivery of all financial accounting reports
* Verifying the accuracy of all monetary and cash transactions, ensuring that all transactions are legal and in line with current local, state and federal guidelines
* Being pro-active when it comes to problem solving, and finding solutions in consultation with Management.
* Participate in audits and other examinations of financial records, including provide auditors with reports and documents as required.
* Ensure that the petty cash fund is sufficient for any approved urgent expenditures and / or cash advances.
* Prepare petty cash payment voucher for approved cash advances i.e. utility payments; office supplies acquisition; food, transport, visa application etc. for business travel purposes; etc.
* Check the authenticity of the official receipts from the reimbursements expenditures submitted; make sure that a purchase order has been raised for the expenditure.
* Ensure that cash advance and reimbursement forms are duly approved by the head of department.
* Arrange proper administration of foreign currencies needed for business travel overseas.
* Monitor that the total of cash on hand plus reimbursed vouchers is equal to the set fund.
* Cross check all bank entries against the book; any transactions in the accounting records not found on the bank statement or vice-versa are said to be outstanding.
* Monitor cleared and outstanding cheques.
* Expense bank charges on book if any.
* Perform bank account transfers as directed by the Management
* Review cash receipts journal entry prepared by the accounts payable accountants.
* Review vendor activity to ensure all monthly invoices have been received and processed
* Review contract obligations to ensure all contract invoices have been received and processed
* Perform the operating cash account reconciliation and related journal entries
* Perform various detailed month-end allocations for fringe benefits, shared costs and indirect cost allocations
* Record the release from restrictions revenue journal entry
* Record Federal grant revenue journal entry and related grant receivable
* Run department financial reports
* Setup new reports in the MIS
* Review all month end reconciliations and journal entries prepared by the accounts payable accountant.
* Perform various account reconciliations and work to resolve any discrepancies
* Assists the Management Team to achieve any objectives which require information related to Accounting and Finance.
* Manage the budgets accurately as per Management requests.
* Give support on providing supplier, cost or any other required information needed for the comparison of costs to previous years.
* Provide and cross check sales figures status with the sales team
* Update the sales team on the status of pending receivables.
* Assist the team on enquiries i.e. applicable cost code etc. while creating a purchase order; or any enquiries while preparing a sales invoice.
In return my client can offer a competitive package of between 28,000 & 33,000 AED fixed compensation, plus ancillary benefits.