Qatar Petroleum (QP) is a state-owned public corporation established by Emiri Decree No. 10 in 1974. It is responsible for
all phases of the oil and gas industry in the State of Qatar. The principal activities of QP, its subsidiaries and joint ventures
are the exploration, production, local and international sale of crude oil, natural gas and gas liquids, refined products,
synthetic fuels, petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas (LNG), steel and aluminium. QP’s strategy of
conducting hydrocarbon exploration and development is through Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA)
and Development and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA) concluded with major international oil and gas companies.
The operations and activities of QP and its affiliates are conducted at various onshore locations, including Doha, Dukhan
and the Mesaieed and Ras Laffan Industrial Cities, as well as offshore areas, including Halul Island, offshore production
stations, drilling platforms and the North Field. Thriving on a spirit of enterprise, each of our joint ventures is underpinned by
transparency, innovation and high standards of quality and service. At Qatar Petroleum, we are committed to one thing
above all: Excellence.
FIELD OPERATIONS (IDD EL-SHARGI)
Primary purpose of job
The Operations Superintendent is directly responsible for the Production Team. Establishes daily priorities to maximise safe
and efficient delivery of the operation and gives direction and support to the team to deliver business objectives.
Is a member of the platform management team and has a key role in all operating processes including planning,
maintenance management, production optimisation, work control and safety auditing.
Experience & Skills
Minimum Experience: 10 years’ experience in the Petrochemical and Oil & Gas Industry, 5 of which should have been at a
Supervisory / Lead Technician level.
- Successful completion of QP Competency system for the position.
- To have managed and supervised a team working on 24hrs shift basis of at least 10 multi-national personnel.
- Have experience of interfacing with other groups i.e. Maintenance, Wire-line, Drilling, Safety, and Engineering.
- Good knowledge of HAZOPS, Job Safety Analysis, Decision making.
- Detailed knowledge of Electronic Control of work systems (e-PTW), Risk Assessing tasks, SIMOPS management.
- MOME (Management of Major Emergencies) Certificate to OPITO standards.
Minimum Education: Secondary education with further higher college education and certification.
(Bachelor degree in an engineering discipline is preferred).
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.