This role is all about demonstrating daily support of Consumer Health Engagement Cultural Beliefs. Our Medical Assistants are the linchpins to ensure we achieve better health outcomes for our customers.
The experienced MA provides front and back office assistance to the providers in the preparation for, examination and treatment of patients, and is a critical partner in our Health Centers.
- Obtains the patient history, takes vital signs, and assists with coordination of care.
- Reviews preprinted instruction sheets with patients
- Greet and check in patients at the health care centers by verifying coverage and eligibility and completing appropriate paperwork.
- Cleans and sterilizes instrument per protocol
- Attends department Staff Meetings and In-service programs
- Assists in orienting new employees and temporary pool staff to job responsibilities.
- Schedule appointments and verify membership according to various benefit coverage
- Administers medications
- Cross-trains to new procedures and departments.
- Answer telephone in compliance with departmental procedures. Ascertain nature of call and route appropriately. If necessary, take accurate and
- legible messages.
- Prepares examination room
- Ability to work clinic hours
- Current BCLS required
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Team oriented
- Solid Computer skills including Electronic Health Records
- At least 1 or more years of front and back office experience
- Graduate of approved MA program
- Phlebotomy skills
- Strong time management skills
- Responsible and reliable
Company: Express Scripts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Daytona Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A