The Knowledge Sector product team is responsible for all aspects of EDC’s digital portfolio of non-financial products and certain product partnerships. Since the launch of the Knowledge Services offering in 2017, the team has innovated and developed tailor-made products and services for Canadian companies that are expanding abroad and that may take the form of applications, online training, workshops, guides and partnerships. EDC is now looking to recruit a Product Manager for this innovative and dynamic team.
This position is of prime importance in the team. Working in concert with the other product managers, the chosen person will oversee certain products and projects in the portfolio. In particular, she will oversee all aspects of product management: innovation, customer and user analysis, iterative development, expansion, execution, retirement, partnerships (possibly), etc. In this highly collaborative role, she will work with developers, testers, content writers, marketers, and partner channel colleagues to create and deliver products that are sure to spark customer enthusiasm. The ideal person will have extensive experience in all aspects of the product management cycle. Furthermore, it is essential that she has a background in person-centered design, user story mapping, development, user experience, application of the agile method and in the digital domain. The position requires an entrepreneurial personality and strong interpersonal skills, a taste for action, and an unwavering desire to understand the client and promote his interest in a business-to-business environment.
- Manage relationships with suppliers (current and new) critical to product development and fulfillment activities.
- Follow up on the team’s KPIs; as appropriate, participate in downstream production, including quality control and examinations.
- Oversee product development, maintenance and execution activities (such as user research), lead creative thinking and ideation workshops, define extensible product concepts for debugging, and make choices adequate in relation to future iterative development and consistency of the product with the market.
- Lead an agile development component, and clearly communicate the product vision and the definition and prioritization of user stories.
- Liaise with key internal and external stakeholders, especially for product-related partnerships and key areas of knowledge.
Qualification & Experience:
- Proficiency in both official languages; ability to use these two languages in a business context.
- Working knowledge of current product management methods, innovation, creative thinking, and agile principles and practices
- Undergraduate degree in business, IT, economics, international business or related field
- At least 5 years (level 3) or 7 years (level 4) of business, digital innovation or product management experience, or relevant experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, CA
Application Deadline: N/A