We are looking for a talented Software Development Engineer to join our globally distributed streaming platform team. Based in our London office working for Expedia Group and across Expedia brands; our goal is to build a world-class leading streaming platform that enables data producers and consumers to easily share and process information. We are building upon and improving our platform using open source projects such as Kafka, Kubernetes and Java Spring, all running in the cloud, scaling to handle billions of messages every day.
- Provide mentoring and advice on performance management issues and activity.
- Project Management responsibility for key change projects.
- Ensure scalable process and tools are in place to ensure fairness, objectivity and consistency across all locations.
- Facilitate and drive business improvement by diagnosing and identifying improved approaches to ER.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the HRBP community and coach to the broader HR function.
- Provide a harmonious approach to employee relations (ER) activity and continue to develop outstanding capabilities.
- Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Qualification & Experience:
- Building and debugging highly scalable performant systems.
- Modern core and server-side Java (concurrency, streams, reactive, lambdas).
- Microservice architecture, design, and standard methodologies with an eye towards scale.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brighton, GB
Application Deadline: N/A