Under general direction, plans and executes real estate and real estate related projects and activities. Provides real estate support for energy delivery operations and other Business Units as assigned by the Director, Real Estate & Facilities, and/or the Manager/Supervisor to whom supervisory authority has been delegated.
- Reports regularly to the Manager/Supervisor on the status of projects and transactions and achievement of performance goals and performs other duties as assigned by the Manager/Supervisor.
- Negotiates contract and agreement terms; prepares contracts, deeds, leases, easements and other real estate documents; reviews property surveys, legal descriptions, engineering drawings, applications for facilities attachments, appraisals, other legal documents and environmental reports, and represents the Department in legal matters with in-house and/or outside counsel.
- Creates and maintains project files and documentation, prepares appraisals, conducts financial analyses, performs property inspections, conducts marketing activities, researches Company and public real estate and property records and files, interprets real estate and real estate-related documents, prepares reports and evaluations, and performs other necessary activities for assigned projects.
- Responsible for planning and performing real estate and real estate related activities within the full range of real estate and real estate-related functions, including the acquisition of property and property rights, land and facilities leasing, facilitating collection of rent receivables, identification and sale of property and property rights, property tax assessments and appeals, property management and other real estate related matters.
- Acts as regional contact for external customers, railroads and municipalities for Exelon real estate related issues, projects and requests.
- Act as a liaison or project manager with regional staff or contractors performing services related to Company real estate transactions and/or projects.
- Acts as a source of real estate information for personnel in other Departments and Business Units and as a point of contact for governmental agencies and other external customers seeking information on Exelon real estate assets and projects.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Strong presentation ability and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with AS8, SAP, Hyperion and Third-Party Attachments preferred.
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office Applications, including MS Access, PowerPoint, Word and MS Project.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Real Estate Broker’s License and 3 – 5 years business experience or in lieu of a degree 6 – 9 years business experience.
- Customer focused, professional and self-starting.
- Demonstrated ability to organize complex projects, meet critical deadlines and assume primary responsibility for completion of assignments.
- At least 2 years of real estate transactional experience involving knowledge of legal descriptions and standard real estate practice and documentation.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A