The Manager, Technical Resources (MTR) is a technical content expert who manages employees and plans, coordinates, and directs the daily technical activities of the Testing and Commissioning Department (TCD) field engineers. The MTR is responsible for the development of TCD field engineers.
The MTRs are responsible for activities that include, but are not limited to the following: field testing for maintenance, construction, troubleshooting, and commissioning, of new or repaired power equipment, communication, and protection and control systems on the Transmission and Distribution system; performing troubleshooting and field engineering analysis on malfunctioning equipment and systems; recommending, developing, and implementing processes and procedures for maximizing equipment reliability and availability; maintaining a performance driven maintenance system for the power equipment and protection and control systems on the Transmission and Distribution system. The MTR will also be the main resource for technical advice and the technical reviewer of the equipment test and commissioning plans.
- Oversee in the development and writing of technical guidelines and procedures for the Testing and Commissioning activities.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct daily activities including technical support to the TCD field engineers responsible for activities, that include, but are not limited to the following: field testing for maintenance, construction, trouble shooting, and commissioning of newly installed or repaired power equipment, communication, and protection and control systems on the Transmission and Distribution system. Oversee field engineers in the troubleshooting, investigation, testing and analysis of electrical equipment failures or malfunctions and to assure the highest levels of customer service and to achieve safety, reliability and productivity goals. When required, provide direct oversight of complex, special, and critical testing evolutions or investigations as necessary. Attend technical conferences for the purpose of organizational and self-development.
- Demonstrate/discuss the importance of Safety & Human Performance Event prevention techniques on the job. Conduct required safety observations.
- Review and approve evidence records for installation, preventive maintenance, and corrective maintenance reports and correspondence work with engineering standards to ensure NERC compliance and ICC agreements are met. Review the transmission and distribution operations reports. Interact with other departments, OCC, TSO and regional groups for the purpose of planning, scheduling and coordinating interrelated activities. Coordinate personnel and resources to adequately staff and support projects and work assignments per the annual work plan.
- Responsible for periodic departmental call duty and assuming the responsibilities of the regional TCD Manager
- Demonstrated teamwork and strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Clearance and Tagging
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related technical field
- Skilled in developing course syllabus, outlines, lesson plans, and training manuals.
- 10 or more years experience in the operation, planning, design or maintenance of high voltage electrical equipment, at least 5 of which must be in the Testing Group Field Engineer position.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Peoria, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A