Provide professional advice and consultation to line management in assigned area(s) regarding employee relations, affirmative action/equal employment opportunity, workforce planning, staffing employee dispute resolution program, total compensation, the Collective Bargaining Agreement(s), where applicable, and employee communication. Interpret, implement and execute Exelon’s new programs and/or policies. Support strategic initiatives and facilitate attainment of business goals and objectives. Support activities that promote diversity awareness and high productivity.
- Implement Human Resources operational plans to deliver business unit initiatives, such as, departmental reorganizations, staffing optimization, work practice improvements, etc. , in support of business unit and/or site goals and objectives.
- Assist in the evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Provide direction for staffing and selection through the application of company policies, procedures, vision and values, federal and employment laws, and the Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Support delivery and administration of Human Resources professional services related to employee and labor relations, recruitment, staffing, workforce planning, performance management, management and leadership development, and employee communication.
- Respond to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, grievances, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
- Advise line management on appropriate administrative or disciplinary action.
- Interpret, advise and counsel line management on the application of company policies, procedures, processes, employee issues, and federal and state employment law, and where applicable, the Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Proven management skills in coaching, performance management, and facilitating business competency.
- Knowledge of business (Energy Services or Corporate-type background is helpful)
- Demonstrated ability to deal directly with line management to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change.
- Advanced degree, Masters degree of Business Administration or Masters Degree in related HR field.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including knowledge of EEO, ADA and FMLA.
Strong drive for results to lead and facilitate efforts to ensure human resources alignment with the business unit and/or site.
- PHR or SPHR
- 4-year degree in Human Resources or related field and a minimum of 5 to 8 years of strong HR generalist experience in a matrixed organization.
- Proven demonstration of strong client/line management relations in a high performance culture with a strong sense of customer service, excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Decatur, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A