First Abu Dhabi Bank
Originate, develop and manage a designated Central Banks and Supranationals client portfolio. Service existing relationships, up-tier them, and identify and originate business from new clients. Implement business strategy, originate & cross-sell Investment Banking products and work with Product groups in delivering financial targets.
- Ensure effective cascading of the functional strategy into department business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies.
- Develop the team’s strategy and business plan with the aim of increasing the Bank’s share of the target clients wallet.
- Keep close interaction with Product teams, and other stakeholders, to maximise business opportunities with clients, and to streamline execution of deals and strategies.
- Manage the effective achievement of assigned objectives through the leadership of the department by setting of individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff to maximise departmental performance.
- Lead the talent development initiatives for the assigned department, collaborating with technical/discipline experts and thereby ensure the availability of talent to fit business requirements.
- Act as a role model and drive adherence to organisational values and ethics by employees of the assigned department to foster a value driven culture within the Group.
Budgeting and Financial Planning:
- Manage the preparation and recommend the department budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget while ensuring all departmental activities are conducted in line with the approved guidelines.
- Manage P&L responsibility of the department, achieving targets within defined budget levels.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
- Manage and ensure effective implementation of the CIB functional policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of assigned department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements, fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
Client and Market Analysis:
- Participate in the financial analysis conducted on clients and their respective industries/ markets to identify potential opportunities and risks.
Client Relationship Management:
- Originate new business opportunities with target clients across banking products.
- .Develop Term Sheet, Information Memorandum, financial modelling, mandate letter.etc.
- Examine & resolve credit, market and operational risk aspects of the transactions in collaboration with products and enablement units.
- Pitch, review, negotiate and conclude deals.
- Motivate, Develop and Coach team members.
- Maintain the credit quality of the clients relationships within the Portfolio to an acceptable level set by the Bank’s management.
- Achieve individual and team financial performance targets.
- .Identify & develop cross selling opportunities and increase the cross-sell ratio with key clients.
- Ensure Account Plans are prepared and maintained for all key clients.
- Ensure all clients files /documents are maintained.
- Ensure all credit reviews are submitted on time and agreed conditions are met.
- Maintain a satisfactory audit on the portfolio.
- Learning & Development – Attend appropriate on and off-the-job training programs and ensure development and skill upgradation of team members.
- Ensure that all internal processes for existing portfolio and NTBs are met in line with the Bank’s policies & procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Business Administration or related discipline.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- 12+ years experience in banking ideally in central banks, supranational, DFI, ECA and sovereign coverage. Significant depth of knowledge in the broader FI area is desirable.
- Very good knowledge of Corporate Finance, Global Markets, and Transaction Banking products. A good understanding of credit insurance and structuring is desirable.
- Good knowledge of the industry and senior level relationship contacts.
- Sound knowledge of regulatory environments.
- Need to have the ability to prepare plans and strategies.
- Experience of handling large d Financial Institutions accounts.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written presentation. Good interpersonal skills and motivation.
- Ability to manage ones own time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Arabic speaking is preferred but not mandatory.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.