Connected Group ME
Job description / Role
ONLY SAUDI NATIONAL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
As a key member of the executive leadership team, the Chief Accounting Officer will report to the Principals and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CAO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling the finance, accounting and cash related activities of the company.
Strategy, Planning, and Management
• Act as a strategic business partner to the executive leadership team.
• Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization with regard to goals, budgets, and forecasts. Provide insight and recommendations.
• Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. Make suggestions for automating processes and increasing efficiency.
• Determine accounting and tax implications for all material business decisions.
• Create and establish yearly financial initiatives and goals that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion. Track and report on the status of the initiatives and goals.
• Implement policies, procedures, and processes as deemed appropriate by the executive leadership team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting, and Forecasting
• Manage financial planning and analysis activities. Supervise the creation of reports and implementation of tools for budgeting and forecasting.
• Prepare and present monthly budget vs actual reports for properties and ownership entities.
• Prepare and present weekly cash flow reports for each ownership entity.
• Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
• Develop and maintain operational budgets for each ownership entity.
Accounting and Reporting
• Ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting and operating systems.
• Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, and financial procedures.
• Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data.
• Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
• Oversee the preparation and timely distribution of investor K-1s.
• Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
• Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts, and overhead cost allocation.
• Assure conformity with professional accounting standards and best practices in accordance with GAAP.
• Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
• Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals and initiatives with directors and managers.
Financial and Cash Management
• Manage the cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability and the maintenance of minimum required cash balances.
• Oversee weekly cash management, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs.
• Maintain corporate banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
• Lead the evaluation of insurance premiums, deductibles and the impact on budgets and forecasts. Advise the Legal/Risk and HR teams on impacts.
• Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
Information Systems Management
• Oversee the management, maintenance, and upgrades of the company’s accounting and operating system software.
• Partner with the Chief Operating Officer to identify and implement operating system enhancements.
Finance, Accounting, and I/S Team Management
• Mentor and develop the team, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
• Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control within the company.
• Financial Management.
• Business Acumen.
• Communication Proficiency.
• Ethical Conduct.
• Performance Management.
• Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
• Problem Solving/Analysis.
• Strategic Thinking.
• Technical Capacity.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA – Required
• Real Estate experience preferred
• 14+ years total accounting experience
• Previous experience managing accounting functions and groups
• Understanding of tax regulations and compliance
• Background coordinating with I.T. staff to manage and/or upgrade accounting system. Systems implementation experience strongly preferred.
• Hands-On Systems Experience with Real Page/Onesite suite of products preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.