Right Calibre Executive Search
Job description / Role
– Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
– Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
– Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, donors, Foundation staff, and others, on matters related to CEO’s programmatic initiatives.
– Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
– Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
– Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
– Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
– Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
– Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with Deadline pressures.
– Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format. Senior Management Liaison
– Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
– Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all- staff meetings
– Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans Communications, Partnerships, and Outreach
– Ensures that the CEO’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the CEO and the organization in general
– Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders Strategic Initiatives
– Works with the Strategic
– Initiatives team in coordinating the CEO’s outreach activities
– Follows up on contacts made by the CEO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships