A Leading Healthcare Distribution Firm in the UAE
Job description / Role
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the COO. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the COO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
• Plans, coordinates and ensures the COO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the COO’s time and office.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the COO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
• Works closely and effectively with the COO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
• Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the COO, some of which may have organizational impact.
• Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverable with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the COO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.