Quantity Surveyor/Estimator (Precontract)
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Performs a variety of standard estimating activities (individual or as part of a team) on an assigned project/program. The Estimator at this level has experience in applying standard estimating practices, techniques processes and procedures, and demonstrates familiarity in applying company policies and assigned project/program practices and procedures. Typical responsibilities are focused on a variety of ancillary estimating tasks. Although the incumbent may perform some higher level estimating assignments, this work does not encompass a sufficient amount of his/her time to warrant exempt status.
- Review all design information/Drawings during Pre Contracts/Design Stage
- Prepares material takeoffs/BOQ as per approved standards on assigned contract, project, or program from engineering drawings, plans, and specifications
- Reviews takeoffs prepared by others to check for completeness, appropriate definition, and accuracy
- Prepares detailed breakdown structures (WBS) for contracts, projects, or elements of a program sufficient to define the scope to be delivered
- Defines the specific scope intended by the contract documents, project development requirements and/or the program element components, systems and subsystems
- Prepares and summarizes the bases of estimate (BOE) development, including estimate scope, estimate method of development, pricing utilized, labor, material and equipment rates included in the estimate, assumptions and exclusions, escalation, parametric comparisons using previous estimate data from similar projects, estimate quality control (QC) review and results, and estimate conclusion and recommendation
- Delivers a complete and comprehensive estimate of probable cost based on the proposed contract documents inclusive of contract terms and conditions
- Defines, details and estimates the cost of contract general conditions and job cost in compliance with the planned execution to accomplish total contract delivery
- Utilizes parametric historical estimate data to develop a reasonable estimate of probable cost, based on high level of scope definition and preliminary intent for a capital asset in relation to an order of magnitude (PM) development
- Utilizes the bottoms up approach in the development of probable contract cost, and compares that cost with data from previous contracts similar in nature when the estimate task required detail development
- Develops scope sheets and request for bid or quotation from potential service providers, inclusive of internet, telephone and/or written provided data
- Assists the Estimating Leads for historical data and estimate database management with the accumulation, evaluation, and documentation of cost data retrieved from completed discrete design and/or construction contracts, inclusive of work activity, delivery means and methods, productivity, activity durations, supervision and craft man-hour utilization
- Reviews contract documents to access contract risk and significant exposure to estimated cost if potential risks are experienced. Assigns reasonable maximum cost and schedule exposure resulting from potential risks
- Collaborates with small estimate teams comprised of other Estimators/QS and Associate Estimators/Jr. QS with the outcome being a final deliverable that meets Customer and Client requirements and expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum 12+ years of related work experience involving typical estimating activities
- Previous experience using estimating database supported software
- Min +5 years in Pre Contracts with reputed designer/consultant in Abu Dhabi
- Ability to perform standard estimating activities typical to the engineering and construction industry is required
- Good written and verbal communication skills, familiarity with company and project procedures and practices
- A familiarity with typical project controls software such as Primavera scheduling software, Estimate/Schedule Transfer tools, Contract Manager, and DMCS (Document and Materials Control System) is preferred
- Must have a clear understanding of, and ability to work with, construction contract commercial documents, drawings and specifications.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneParsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.