Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are seeking an Engineer – Dry Utilities to be based in Abu Dhabi, UAE. The candidate should be able to review the shop drawings in accordance with the approved design drawings, standard specifications, authority approvals, etc.
• Review shop drawing by checking against the design drawings and coordinating with other disciplines before sending the comments to the contractor.
• Check the critical dimensions that determine that the components fit with each other and with the rails, roads, utilities, miscellaneous works, surrounding the construction.
• Reviewing for Design Intent – verify shop drawings, correctly represent and implement the design indicated by the design drawings, authority standards, specifications.
• Dimensions or information that do not relate to the design intent will not be accepted and will be clarified with the Contractor.
• Upon obtaining the dimension from the design drawings, make reference to the drawing from which the requested information can be obtained.
• If the dimension needs to be verified on the site, contractor should be informed.
• If the requested dimension cannot be obtained from the design or through field verification, Project Director should be informed and supplemental Instruction should be issued which specifically addresses the requested information.
• Review the contractor’s submittal and provide review comments/ approval on time.