We are seeking a dynamic and committed Emotional and Wellbeing Counsellor (Primary) to join us for the Academic Year in 2021-2022. Over the past five years RAK Academy Family of Schools has grown significantly and our reputation for developing academic achievement and is well known as one of the international school of choice in Ras Al Khaimah.
The Emotional and Wellbeing Counsellor will operate across RAK Academy Primary Schools working alongside the school community to ensure that all our students have the best possible school experience. The Emotional and Wellbeing Counsellor will support all students with systemic proactive wellbeing and emotional literacy approaches as well as supporting smaller numbers of specific student as needs arise. The role will support all students to be responsible and respected members of the school where emotions are recognized and a culture of learning is celebrated.
- Implementing and developing growth mind-sets practices into daily interactions with the school whole community.
- Implementing and supporting the Wellbeing Curriculum.
- Implementing and supporting teachers develop a range of mindfulness activities to deliver in a school setting.
- Promoting and implementing emotional literacy where a culture of learning should be challenging but children don’t shy away from the emotions associated with it.
- Helping children manage their feelings and deal with a range of emotions.
- Supporting the emotional wellbeing of children.
- Providing group and individual nurture support.
- Providing formal counselling with the consent of a family.
- Maintains an awareness of cultural influences regarding social development of adolescents and delivers culturally sensitive therapies.
- Monitor students who may be at risk in regards to social and emotional issues and makes appropriate referrals for interventions outside of school in consultation with parents.
- Promotes wellbeing of students via whole school and community awareness initiatives.
- Working with the inclusion team, medical and safeguarding staff to provide the very best pastoral care for children.
- Taking responsibility for personal professional development, keeping up to date with research and developments which may lead to improvements in the counselling service provided.
- Values and responds the diversity and individual differences of students.
- Emphasizes the importance of safety in all areas of the curriculum, communicating the importance of a responsible attitude towards personal safety and the safety of others.
- Providing guidance and advice to parents/guardians.
- Complete evaluations, analyze results and provide purposeful feedbacks.
- Maintaining appropriate and confidential records.
- Arranging and delivering relevant training for staff.
- Upholds the Academy’s policies relating to child protection and safeguarding, anti-bullying, behavior and all other relevant policies.
- Contributing to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare and personal care of children and young people.
The school offers:
- Tax-free salary including housing allowance.
- Annual travel allowance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Medical insurance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Visas for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Free education for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Access to our professional development opportunities.
To apply for this position please use ‘QUICK APPLY’
RAK Academy Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone a child protection screening to receive an offer of employment. You will be required to provide a Police Verification Check from your home country along with attestation of your qualifications’ and personal documents e.g. Degree, Marriage Certificate etc. The list of checks will be provided to candidates shortlisted for an interview.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
RAK Academy reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
Due to the expected high levels of interest in positions, only candidates selected for a first interview will be contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date for applications.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes’ Fair Recruitment Policy.