The Senior Software Engineer is a fully participating member of an agile feature team working independently on software development and problem resolution. The role involves technical design, software development, implementation and maintenance software solutions/products that support the Emirates Group Business.
– Work with senior technical engineers in the technical design process by contributing in the analysis of technical application requirements.
– Convert technical solutions for small to medium d initiatives into low level design and working code.
– Independently write secure and optimized code through implementation of Emirates Group approved coding standards.
– Be part of the rotational on-call support and actively participate in resolving production issues within SLA’s with minimal or no active supervision.
– Accountable for built in quality and ensuring 100% unit testing as part of the CI/CD pipeline.
– Analyse and fix all identified defects with minimal rework
– Ensure re-factoring practices are adequately adopted to ensure minimum code debt.
– Ensure logging and monitoring hooks are implemented as part of the code development.
– Continuously stay up to date in the relevant technologies and implement the learnings to enhance the code quality.
– Adhere to the Emirates Group IT coding standards, guidelines and best practices and contribute to Software Engineering Playbooks and other Standards documents.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Computational Mathematics, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering.
Certification in SalesForce/Maximo/Full Stack Developer/UI Experts/ERP/MainFrame.
5+ yrs Software Engineering experience preferably in agile ways of working
Experience with a range of technologies (please refer the SWE Core Technology grouping)
– Developing software in an enterprise environment.
– Testing concepts such as unit testing, functional testing and test automation.
– Resolving a variety of issues using technical expertise.
– System design tools as well as experience using technologies such as Java, Angular JS, React JS
– Designing simple applications/modules.
– Strong agile Software Development Skills
– Strong Systems Analytical skills
– Experience in working with a range of technologies
The ideal candidate will have experience in at least one (or more) of the below Technology Domains:
Tech Family Group – Programming Languages:
Middle Ware tech. – Core Java/Microservices/AWS Native dev/Python
Oracle – Oracle, Oracle PL/SQL
Maximo – Maximo
SalesForce – SalesForce
.Net – C#,VB,ASP
PowerApp & Sharepoint – Sharepoing/PowerApp
IOS Developer – Swift
Android Developer- Android Developer
Salary & Benefits
Join our growing team and enjoy a competitive remuneration package, discounts on flights and hotel stays. Find out more about working with us in our website www.emirates.com/careers
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.