Job description / Role
• To perform day-to-day duties in the embryology laboratory, including all advanced embryology techniques.
• To ensure an excellence of care for all gametes and embryos in the laboratory.
• To participate in regular ongoing quality control of laboratory equipment, and to monitor KPIs.
• To continually strive to advance the patient experience / success and identify and suggest areas where improvements can be made.
• To support the lead embryologist in achieving long term operational goals.
• To participate in senior embryologists meetings and to share ideas, best practice and results across the group.
• To help promote their specific unit by presentation at external and in-house meetings and attendance at patient open days/ support groups.
• To support the Clinical Science function and other BHC UK IVF centres by their willingness to work at other BHC sites.
• To participate in an On Call rota.
• To input into periodic reviews of embryology services ensuring up-to-date techniques are being used.
• To keep abreast of current developments in the field of embryology by attendance at conferences / workshops and journal review, to make suggestions for new treatment types / methods / systems.
• To strive for continual improvement in laboratory standards, equipment and success.
• To write, review and amend embryology Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) / Work Instructions (WI’s) they have ownership of.
• To assist with equipment and process validation including periodic reviews