Capital Games is looking for an Experience Designer II with a history of leading UI/UX design from concept through implementation on large-scale products/games. As a member of the Experience Design (XD) team, you will report to the XD Director and work in close collaboration with Game Designers, Artists, Engineers, Development Directors, and other key stakeholders to craft compelling experiences for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes players. Ideal candidates will thrive in our collaborative and iterative environment, helping to drive efficient processes forward.
- Support the creation and management of a comprehensive design system.
- Partner with various team members to set priorities and find balanced design solutions to player and business goals within technical constraints.
- Architect player flows, screens, content, and states that promote ease of use and are engaging while balancing player, business, and technical goals.
- Partner closely with designers, artists, engineers, and the broader XD team to frame and solve complex problems.
- Create interactive prototypes, animatics, wireframes, diagrams, and mockups throughout the design process to align your team around solutions and create a shared vision across disciplines.
- Work with engineers to implement your designs in software, achieving the highest possible level of polish and performance for our players.
- Be a strong advocate of usability, inclusiveness, and accessibility.
- Familiarity with user research methodologies and quantitative/qualitative data analysis.
- Strong visual and aesthetic skills; able to create and implement high quality UI art.
- Experience operating in a live service environment on mobile games.
- Designed and implemented key interface features for at least one shipped mobile game.
- You can present and rationalize design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences including executives, using these opportunities to educate and promote.
- A portfolio demonstrating player-centered designs and visual excellence across multiple games or products.
- Substantial expertise building interfaces in Unity.
- Passion for playing and making games, with an understanding of what makes them fun and engaging.
- Strong proficiency in multiple modern design tools: Figma, After Effects, Sketch, Principle, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
Company: Electronic Arts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A