Facilitate in the execution of maintenance activities for electrical equipment and systems including development of Electrical Maintenance documents, programs, processes and procedures, which support plant maintenance to ensure that Barakah Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP) equipment performance and material condition support safe and reliable plant operation.
Maintenance Program Delivery
- Perform all job duties and functions in accordance with the Conduct of Maintenance (CoM) standards and expectations.
- Perform job tasks in a timely manner and with quality to achieve the highest level of safety and reliability for online and outage activities in support of both internal and external organizational needs (i.e. Operations, Work Management, LTMSA contractors, etc).
- Assist in preparing for and collaborating with Quality Assurance (QA), Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation (FANR) audit and World Association of Nuclear Operators (WANO), Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO), and International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) periodic evaluations to ensure successful results, and capturing of lessons learned for the betterment of the organization.
- Oversee electrical maintenance activities performed by contractors as directed to ensure compliance with procedures and quality work products.
- Assist with development of electrical maintenance work instructions and model work orders.
- Support efforts to implement relevant Operations Management System (OMS) modules related to Maintenance Programs to improve implementation success.
Program and Procedure Maintenance
- Develop and review maintenance procedures to ensure reliable and safe plant operations.
- Execute technical review of maintenance process and procedure changes to ensure alignment to regulatory and industry best practices.
- Provide troubleshooting support for the plant to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Conduct all maintenance programs execution in accordance with the CoM, and as directed by approved plant programs and procedures.
- Execute maintenance improvement activities to ensure optimal plant performance (i.e. participate in conducting root cause analysis and apparent cause evaluations to resolve maintenance issues, self-assessments, Corrective Action Program (CAP), benchmarking, etc).
- Provide analysis and support to the Maintenance CFAM (Corporate Functional Area Manager) within the Central Governance organization to ensure organizational excellence.
- Implement designed Operating Experience, training, observation learnings into procedures and programs as needed to improve their usefulness.
- Continuously support the PM Program data population and quality, which may include providing a basis for development, as well as assessment of the program
- Assist in executing troubleshooting process on the Electrical systems and equipment to ensure operational readiness in accordance with the CoM, Training, and approved Program and Process documents.
- Support and provide input with training development and execution, as required, in alignment with maintenance strategies and skills to increase the effectiveness and quality of maintenance work.
- Participate in technical review of operating license documents to ensure safe plant operation.
- Participate in the technical review of service contract documents and manage the contractor to ensure best maintenance practices.
- Support all necessary testing of systems (i.e. cold hydro test, hot functional test, power ascension test and performance test, as well as design change testing procedures) to ensure compliance with regulatory and industrial requirements.
- Support benchmark activities for equipment maintenance practices and organizational improvements.
- Support in the production of high standard self-assessments to comply with Nawah policy.
Outage and Emergency Response Organization (ERO) Support
- Support outage and/or the ERO, as assigned, to ensure safe, reliable and continued operations; this may require shift work/off hours support.
Health and Safety and Security
- Follow all relevant company’s Health and Safety policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure compliance in all aspects of work as per sound management practices. Apply these policies and procedures to self and others to ensure reasonable care of the health and safety of the employee; the environment; and various individuals who may be affected by the employee’s acts or omissions at work.
- Follow all relevant Security policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure security compliance in all aspects of work, by applying them on self, others and Corporate assets.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in order to continue mission critical activities.
- Contribute to the development of UAE National employees in a manner which supports the objectives of the corporation and its Emiratization strategy.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of UAE Nationals where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
- Manage the effective achievement of the Organization’s objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, and providing formal and informal constructive feedback and appraisal – in order to maximize subordinate and department performance.
Excellence and Quality Management
- Ensure commitment to a culture of continuous improvement by striving for excellence in accordance with standards and expectations contained in the CoM, following operations procedures, practicing innovation, problem solving, and teamwork; complying with Quality Management System policies and procedures; providing and receiving constructive feedback (coaching and mentoring), and striving to meet quality standards and stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure Commitment to the Nawah Fundamentals.
Academic Qualifications and Work Experience
- Diploma or Equivalent.
- 7 years of relevant experience, out of which:
- 2 years Power Plant Experience.
- 1 year Nuclear Power Plant Experience.
- Preferred: 10 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, develop, and manage the assigned programs for a multi-unit plant.
- Understands nuclear power plant design and modification.
- Understands license basis requirements.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with peers within the site and across the nuclear industry.
- Understands the responsibilities with regard to the plant modification and work control requirements of a nuclear power plant.