Air Products (Middle East) FZE
EH&S Supervisor – PWE GRID – Equipment/Crane/Rigging
II. POSITION SUMMARY
This is a position based at the NEOM Power Elements Project Site location, working a 8 x 2 weeks’ rotational assignment. The project is being executed by the AIR PRODUCTS NEOM Green Hydrogen Project (NGHP) – Power Elements (PWE) Project execution team and is expected to last approximately 36 months.
The incumbent is responsible for
- Working in a specific area of the site to ensure the EH&S requirements implemented by the Contractor Organization(s) meet the intent of the project and AIR PRODUCTS EH&S systems.
- Supporting and supervising the implementation of any construction equipment and tool related EH&S requirements as defined in the project EH&S plans & procedures, incl. all AIR PRODUCTS, Contractor and supplier representatives’ equipment and tools.
It is AIR PRODUCTS’ objective to achieve highest standards and performance levels during the execution of all project related activities, which includes the use of safety, properly services, maintained and inspected/certified equipment. The incumbent will work closely with the Contractor organizations and their assigned equipment inspectors and reports to the Senior EH&S Manager.
The incumbent is expected to:
- have detailed knowledge of EH&S requirements and best practices related to construction and pre-commissioning safety
- have extensive work experience in Project/Construction Management and EPC arena.
- have knowledge and experience in Overhead Transmission and/or Wind Power and/or Solar Facilities.
- Certifications is both EH&S and Equipment/Crane/Rigging
- Former or Current Rigger or Crane Operator
III, NATURE AND SCOPE
- Description – Power Element GRID of NEOM Green hydrogen Project is erection and installation of 300+ km of Overhead Transmission lines with multiple Sub-stations and Transformers to provide power to Green Hydrogen Facility.
- Description: Power Element Wind of NEOM Green Hydrogen Project is erection and installation of 250+ Wind Turbines over a 200 km2, pooling substation and civil works activities. These will be to provide power for the Green Hydrogen Facility.
- Description: Power Element Solar of NEOM Green Hydrogen Project is erection and installation of solar panels (5.6 million), Inverters (766) and pooling stations (3). The area of the solar facility is 46.31 m2.
- Project Location: NEOM, Northwest of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
VI. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS EHS Degree and/or 10+ years of EHS management/leadership in EPC and/or CM in Power/Oil/Gas SectorSafety certificates in OSHA, IOSH or similar10 years’ experience on international mega-projects, at least 7 years working in EH&S supervisor positionProficient third-party certification e.g., certificate from the Saudi Petroleum Services Polytechnic (SPSP) or other recognized (inter-)national body12 years’ experience on international mega-projects6 years’ experience in supervisory role in construction motor pool or similar environmentPassion for systematic, structured, and pro-active EH&S managementDemonstrated ability and experience to prepare project EH&S documents (policies, plans and procedures)Fluent spoken and written EnglishFamiliar with all aspects of construction equipment and tool safetyBeing a good team player, good communication and interpersonal skillsPhysically fit and able to spend a large proportion of the day on siteAbility to work in a multifaceted / multinational organizational matrix with a variety of working relationshipsWillingness to travel and be based in remote location
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.