The Product Owner – Data, works closely with other product owners across the enterprise to enable comprehensive digital solutions. Key responsibilities of the Product Owner are to ensure general availability and integrity of the Data Platform, champion and guide its evolution based on industry trends and capability gaps and ensure users can onboard easily to leverage data technologies in a consistent and standard method.
- Ensures a balance between development, quality and sustainable operations of the platform with DevSecOps practices.
- Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated product roadmap across interdependent business units and technologies.
- Designs, develops and governs Product capabilities (integrated process, applications, data, security and technology) in alignment with the enterprise architecture, security and operational business requirements.
- Performs product planning, visioning and evolution of the platform to align with industry standards and current capability gaps.
- Oversees architecture specifications for new products/services, applications, infrastructure and service offerings.
- Product owners apply business analysis skills. They need to be skilled in techniques to identify stakeholder needs, negotiate priorities between repeating stakeholder factions, and then collaborate with developers to ensure that the requirements are implemented effectively.
- Product owners bridge the communication between the team and their stakeholders. First as a stakeholder proxy within the development team and second as a project team representative to the overall stakeholder community as a whole.
- Product owners are empowered. The product owner is the single person whom is responsible for prioritizing requirements and for providing the details explaining the requirements to the team.
- Product owners facilitate communication. Product owners need good communication skills, including agile modeling skills. They also need to know who the stakeholders are, interact with them regularly, and when needed facilitate the interaction which the team has with them.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of experience working across the Systems Development Lifecycle
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Experience with modern data architectures like Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Databricks and Azure Synapse
- Knowledge and experience with Data Technologies and concepts: Data warehouses, Big Data, Power BI, etc…
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering
- Advanced knowledge of business systems architecture principles and practices.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, CA
Application Deadline: N/A