The Knowledge Business product team is accountable for leading all aspects of EDC’s digital portfolio of non-financial products and select product partnerships. Since the 2017 launch of the Knowledge Services product line, the team has led the innovation and scaling of products and services that help solve the problems Canadian exporters face when growing their businesses outside of Canada. These products and services include custom applications, on-line training and workshops, guides and partnerships. EDC is looking to add a Product Owner to this innovative, fast-moving team.
The Product Owner is a critical role within the product team. Working alongside the team’s other product owners, the chosen candidate will be responsible for specific products and initiatives within team’s portfolio. Responsibilities will include all aspects of product management from innovation, customer and user analysis, iterative development, scaling, product fulfillment, retirement and potentially partnership management. This is a highly collaborative role, working with developers, testers, content writers, marketers and partner channel colleagues to help build and distribute products that customers will love. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with all aspects of the product management lifecycle. Experience with human centered design, user story mapping, scaling, user experience, digital and agile are critical attributes. The role requires someone entrepreneurial with strong relationship skills and a bias to action, someone relentless in understanding and advocating for their customer within a B2B context.
- Monitors team wide KPIs; where applicable, involved in downstream production including quality control and review work.
- Liaises with key internal and external stakeholders, including product partnerships and key knowledge domains.
- Responsible for leading product development, sustainment and fulfillment activities including conducting user research, facilitation design thinking and ideation workshops, identifying scalable product concepts for development and choices for further iterative development or product market fit.
- As a Product Owner, is able to lead a stream of agile development, clearly communicating product visions, definition and prioritization of user stories.
- Manages relationship with new and existing vendors critical to product development and fulfillment activities.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience (Level 3) or 7+ years’ experience (Level 4) in business, digital innovation, product management or related experience.
- Applied knowledge of modern product management, innovation, design thinking, agile development principles and practices.
- Bilingual in both official languages – Ability to communicate in a business environment in both French and English.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, IT, Economics, International Business or related field
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, CA
Application Deadline: N/A