EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC .
As a Supervising Technical Director for EA SPORTS Tiburon, you will report to the Senior Producer and contribute as a part of a cross functional leadership team that delivers multiple projects. You will also partner with the studio Head of Technology to improve the strategic roadmap for the studio. You will demonstrate a mix of technical skills, understanding of project and people management, and experience creating, leading, and running live service games.
- Audit technical quality of all major project milestones, identifying technical gaps and risks
- Partner with technical leaders on EA SPORTS technical council to drive technical initiatives.
- Recruitment, retention and career management of project technical directors and senior engineers.
- Operate as a strategic partner for EA central teams, such as Frostbite and EA Digital Platform, to ensure central technologies are successfully integrated and there is good collaboration between teams.
- Guide technical planning and roadmaps for all projects
- Drive continuous improvement of engineering practices, architecture, tools and workflows.
- Guide all projects to successful launch and through ongoing support of live services while ensuring technical performance indicators are met.
- Experience leading inclusively.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Proficiency with C/C++ and experience with other languages
- Great conflict resolution skills with a focus on managing performance through mentoring.
- Experience designing complex software systems and leading them to completion.
- Experience working with game teams, central teams, and external partners.
- 4+ years of technical leadership/management experience
- Experience with Agile development, with a preference towards SCRUM.
- Experience in one or more major areas of game development and working knowledge of other domains, i.e. AI, Systems, Rendering, Online, or Audio.
- 10+ years of game industry experience, having shipped at least one title
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
Company: Electronic Arts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sarasota, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A