[sc name=”320×320″ ]
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago’s Fulton Market neighborhood with additional offices located in Aurora, Illinois and Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
- Manage sales tax exemption certificates for qualifying customers.
- Periodically review, update and maintain CTPAT documentation.
- Responsible for 1099’s.
- Maintain tax calendar for all key filing dates and requirements.
- Manage unclaimed property filings as required.
- Coordinate response to all federal, state and local tax notices.
- Prepare applications for SOS & DOR as required.
- Monitor drop ship orders for sales tax compliance.
- Troubleshoot customs issues, as required by the business.
- Troubleshoot sales tax issues as they arise.
- Assist with audits by taxing authorities.
- Implement sales tax for newly added jurisdictions, coordinating Vertex Software, SAP, and other supporting systems (web store).
- Ensure sales tax returns are filed on a timely basis.
- Assist with review of broker/customs related financials.
- Support local customs compliance process and periodic audits.
- Support tax initiatives.
- Ensure Personal property returns are filed on a timely basis.
- Prepare periodic customs reconciliation filings.
- Work with the Group Customs Compliance Manager to implement local customs compliance processes and customs legislative requirements
- Liaise with external tax preparer to coordinate the mailing & filing for federal and multi-state quarterly tax estimates and annual tax returns.
Qualification & Experience:
- Proficient in Word and PowerPoint.
- College credit or degree in accounting or tax strongly preferred.
- Schedule flexibility including overtime where necessary.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to be proactive and able to anticipate needs based upon changing circumstances.
- Must be adaptable to a fast paced and changing needs for a department.
- Minimum of 2 years in an administrative tax role preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills, enthusiastic and personable.
- Advanced with Outlook and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and typing skills.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A
[sc name=”display” ]