[sc name=”320×320″ ]
This position is responsible for all duties associated with and related to the safe, efficient and cost-effective installation and maintenance of natural gas facilities and appurtenances on natural gas systems per 49CFR Part 193 and Piedmont Natural Gas policies and procedures to include but not limited to LNG Plant activities. This position is required to perform other job-related duties.
- Provide security service for the facilities including facility access control and monitoring, security patrols, security alarm assessment and reporting
- Stays informed on new technical improvements and updates by reading service bulletins, craft magazines, etc. and makes recommendations to supervision on ways to improve or maximize equipment efficiency.
- Trains new LNG Technicians as well as other plant personnel as needed
- Perform calibration and preventative maintenance procedures on plant equipment and control systems ensuring safe, reliable and efficient equipment operation
- Responsible for the safe, efficient and expeditious completion of large maintenance projects with minimal direct supervision
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of plant procedures, processes and equipment to ensure efficient plant operations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors and customers and makes cooperative analytical decisions. Must cooperate with and offer assistance to others. Must be self-motivated to succeed without direct supervision and must support and act for the long-term benefit of the LNG plant and the Company.
- Perform all maintenance duties, select operational duties and any other task assigned by plant supervision to keep the plant operational.
- Possess the ability to work weekends, holidays and overtime on an as-needed basis
- Analyze, troubleshoot and repair plant equipment and system malfunctions when breakdowns occur to bring equipment back into operational status.
- Keep supervisor informed on status of equipment repairs. Informs supervisor of any observed conditions that could be detrimental to the equipment and/or the plant’s ability to function properly
- Adhere to all Company safety practices and policies, work closely and effectively with other personnel and use good judgment to ensure the safe and efficient operation of plant and equipment while striving to meet the goals and objectives of the plant
- Must understand the operational requirements of the LNG plant and be capable of carrying out select operational duties when the circumstance dictates
- Must be able to start, operate and secure all the equipment located at the LNG plant
- Prepares written reports and accurately fills out paperwork documenting maintenance history and parts used on all equipment serviced to comply with all governmental regulations as well as Company and plant policies
- Apply good judgment to react and respond quickly to sudden changes and malfunctions with process equipment during extremely stressful situations. Take charge of the situation and quickly carry out maintenance procedures ensuring the safe and effective resolution to the problem
- Perform general maintenance for grounds and plant facilities
- Directly responsible for maintaining and ensuring the reliable operation of the LNG plant that provides gas supply and service 365 days a year through the liquefaction and vaporization of natural gas
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience interpreting electrical schematics, programmable control logic, P&ID’s and process flow diagrams.
- Must possess the ability to analyze and diagnose plant equipment malfunctions, providing a solution that will optimize plant operations and ensure the supply of gas service 365 days a year. Capable of using analytical skills to assist in making decisions affecting the future reliability of the plant.
- Must be capable of comprehending and interpreting equipment operational manuals, electrical/electronic schematics and process flow diagrams.
- Must be capable of troubleshooting a variety of equipment malfunctions and making necessary repairs.
- Must possess the technical knowledge and skill to perform major overhauls and repairs to large industrial engines and compressors.
- Must possess ability to use highly technical and extremely sensitive calibration instruments as well as personal computer applications.
- Working knowledge of AC/DC circuits, mechanical equipment and computer controlled electronic loops as related to digital controllers, smart transmitters, electronic indicators and process control valves.
- Previous work experience with plumbing, electrical, heating and HVAC installation/maintenance, up to and including a license
- Must possess the ability to work safely at all times; and capable of working at heights and on elevated work surfaces.
- Must be able to pass the Non-Certified Operator assessment.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to gain cooperation from and handle problems with co-workers, vendors, customers, etc.
- Must have well-developed verbal and written communication skills that result in the effective transfer of information.
- Must have the ability to communicate maintenance techniques and procedures
- Must possess and apply knowledge of mechanical as well as electrical system fundamentals with an understanding of gas flow and regulation.
- Previous LNG Plant experience
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wilmington, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A
[sc name=”display” ]