[sc name=”320×320″ ]
Depending upon the desired qualifications of the successful candidate, the hiring manager may elect to fill this position at a higher level within the job hierarchy.
Perform all duties of all classifications through Laborer, Apprentice Mechanic and Certified Welder Mechanic.
- Repairs the condensate and circulating water systems. Be able to check clearances, align couplings and repair systems such as traveling screens where necessary.
- Demonstrates and conducts any required inspections/post-maintenance testing of systems, equipment and components as necessary to complete work packages and ensures systems, equipment and components are returned to
- Repairs mechanical units for turbine generators, using proper tools and equipment.
- Performs corrective and preventive mechanical maintenance tasks. Interprets design drawings and O&M manuals in locating and diagnosing trouble in equipment, components and systems. Replaces worn damaged or failed equipment and components in support of facility operations.
- Repairs the mechanical and hydraulic systems of the boiler feed pumps. Must be able to align couplings and repair bearings and other parts as necessary.
- Assists other crafts in performing mechanical maintenance tasks that are beyond the maintenance department’s capability. Provides technical support for this work.
- Maintains accountability of property, including tools and maintenance equipment.
- Identifies and repairs plant component parts of plant systems (feed water systems, hydraulic systems, fuel handling systems, pumps and pumping systems, lubricating systems, fuel oil systems, fire systems, valves, packing, condensers, piping and piping systems, etc).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Formal welding training such as vocational/technical school, trade school, military or apprenticeship is required.
- Repairs the component parts of all fans and be able to align couplings and repair or replace bearings.
- Assists Engineering with modifications/revisions to plant systems, equipment and/or components.
- Performs Preventive Maintenance tasks, following predetermined checklists in the performance of preventive maintenance.
- Performs emergency repairs to systems, equipment and components. Record the as-found condition as well as the repaired condition.
- Performs Journeyman level duties in the installation, repair and maintenance to facility mechanical support equipment, systems and components. Also, perform the duties of lower classifications in this line of progression.
- Proficient in welding, fabrication, materials troubleshooting and repairs.
Qualification & Experience:
- Understanding of welding theory and application
- Understanding of power plant dynamics
- Understanding of thermodynamic and heat transfer applications
- Minimum 2+ years work experience in journeyman welder/mechanic position with one year in power plant or related industry required.
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Florence, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A
[sc name=”display” ]