[sc name=”320×320″ ]
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you’ll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
- Provide support to Engineering with modifications or revisions to plant systems, equipment and/or components. Utilize a variety of computer software programs.
- Perform corrective and preventive tasks.
- Perform Journeyman level duties in the installation, repair and maintenance for facility instrumentation and controls (I&C) as well as electrical systems (less than 600 volts).
- Calibrate and maintain instruments and control systems.
- Have the ability to troubleshoot and repair lighting systems as well as complex control systems.
- Work with other crafts to support jobs requiring I&C technical assistance.
- Candidates will be required to demonstrate strong understanding of power plant dynamics, thermodynamic and heat transfer applications, and a thorough understanding of electrical theory and application
- Competently utilize standard test and maintenance equipment, hand tools, and power tools to include meggers, clamp on amp meters, rotation indicators, and oscilloscopes.
- Competently utilize design drawings, electrical diagrams, instrumentation prints, and technical manuals.
- Replace worn, damaged or failed equipment and components in support of facility operations.
- Clearly document maintenance history.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be able to adjust to work in hot, cold, damp, and dry environments
- Must possess good dexterity
- Must be able to work in confined spaces; must be capable of wearing personal protective equipment
- Minimum two years work experience in electronics and one year in pneumatics in power plant or related industry required.
- Must not be impaired by colorblindness
- Must be able to work safely around and with energized circuit
- Must pass switching and tagging test
- Computer literacy
- Must be able to perform all duties required for this position; must be able to demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to climb and work in high places; must be capable of working around rotating equipment and high pressure systems of power plants
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Asheville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A
[sc name=”display” ]