[sc name=”320×320″ ]
This position is responsible for all duties associated with and related to the safe, efficient and cost-effective installation and maintenance of natural gas facilities and appurtenances on natural gas systems per 49CFR Part 193 and Piedmont Natural Gas policies and procedures to include but not limited to LNG Plant activities. This position is required to perform other job-related duties.
- Possess the ability to work weekends, holidays and overtime on an as-needed basis
- Perform general maintenance for grounds and plant facilities
- Keep supervisor informed on status of equipment repairs. Informs supervisor of any observed conditions that could be detrimental to the equipment and/or the plant’s ability to function properly
- Directly responsible for maintaining and ensuring the reliable operation of the LNG plant that provides gas supply and service 365 days a year through the liquefaction and vaporization of natural gas
- Apply good judgment to react and respond quickly to sudden changes and malfunctions with process equipment during extremely stressful situations. Take charge of the situation and quickly carry out maintenance procedures ensuring the safe and effective resolution to the problem
- Demonstrates effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors and customers and makes cooperative analytical decisions. Must cooperate with and offer assistance to others.
- Must be self-motivated to succeed without direct supervision and must support and act for the long-term benefit of the LNG plant and the Company.
- Stays informed on new technical improvements and updates by reading service bulletins, craft magazines, etc. and makes recommendations to supervision on ways to improve or maximize equipment efficiency.
- Must be able to start, operate and secure all the equipment located at the LNG plant
- Must understand the operational requirements of the LNG plant and be capable of carrying out select operational duties when the circumstance dictates
- Perform all maintenance duties, select operational duties and any other task assigned by plant supervision to keep the plant operational.
- Other duties as assigned
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of plant procedures, processes and equipment to ensure efficient plant operations.
- Adhere to all Company safety practices and policies, work closely and effectively with other personnel and use good judgment to ensure the safe and efficient operation of plant and equipment while striving to meet the goals and objectives of the plant
- Prepares written reports and accurately fills out paperwork documenting maintenance history and parts used on all equipment serviced to comply with all governmental regulations as well as Company and plant policies
- Perform calibration and preventative maintenance procedures on plant equipment and control systems ensuring safe, reliable and efficient equipment operation
- Provide security service for the facilities including facility access control and monitoring, security patrols, security alarm assessment and reporting
- Trains new LNG Technicians as well as other plant personnel as needed
- Analyze, troubleshoot and repair plant equipment and system malfunctions when breakdowns occur to bring equipment back into operational status.
- Responsible for the safe, efficient and expeditious completion of large maintenance projects with minimal direct supervision
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience applying basic mechanical concepts and mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.; frequent walking, lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, squatting, stooping, crawling, standing, climbing; manual dexterity (hand/eye coordination); keen eyesight; good hearing.
- Experience utilizing personal computers (PCs) in a Windows environment.
- Weekend and evening work as required. Subject to overtime, rotating shifts and must be available for call-out and emergency response. Employees in this classification are required to advance to LNG Operator.
- High School diploma or GED with two years of technical training in electronics, engineering technology, or an industrial related technical field; and/or four years of progressive work experience troubleshooting and maintaining internal combustion engines, reciprocating/centrifugal compressors, and control systems consisting of programmable controllers, electrical motors, and high/low voltage generation equipment.
- Experience using construction tools.
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Terre Haute, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A
[sc name=”display” ]